Weekly Chat page, Tuesday, September 1, 2009

OK, let's see how this goes. Maybe use this page for general chat, which can include ospreys, but also non-osprey related chatter? It also doesn't have to be Daily, but time will tell. It may not take shape until after the Diary goes away.

As Carol noted, Tiger set up the "Tracking Rothes and Mallachie" page, which might be the best place for serious observations about our girls and their progress. There's also a "Tracking Other UK Ospreys" page .

In the meantime, we can twitter on about ospreys, dogs, guinea pigs, kids, vacations, etc., - and post poems - here without boring the "osprey only" members of the community.

Feel free to boo loudly and make suggestions if you see any problems. Thanks everyone!

• Just arrived home and see wonderful news of Mallachie reaching France so soon, maybe she had the wind at her tail, clever girl.  Hope she does meet Rothes, and they have a few days sunning themselves, before setting of on the next leg. Just had a glance at webcam and TF is on the nest., if you enlarge it you can just see him.

Richard and all at LG have a great and interesting winter, and thank you so much (again) for all your hard work making this a spectacular breeding season for us all.

Tish do have have a great holiday, hopefully you will have some interesting catching up to do, know you will be pleased about Mallachie.

Must turn in know I'm wacked. Night all. XX

• Golly, Snowbird is right. TF must have a screw loose !! I just can't understand why he is still here with the weather being so atrocious. Nite Snowbird.

• I do hope none of our bloggers have been evacuated because of floods.  I'm not very religious but will say a prayer for the ones who are on flood alert tonight.  We were evacuated 2 years ago and were out for a year.  It happened in June 2007 and after more than 2 years I am still replacing things that, like Barbara said, were thrown out.  Only small things now that I never used very often but we lost everything on the ground floor.

Re the Red X problem.     It could be that the person who posts the picture doesn't have it stored on their computer so there is no direct link to it - just a copy.  

Annette  As you start these threads I think it is down to you when to start a new one .  Just call it something like Latest Chat Page, instead of weekly chat page, with the date then people will know where to go once you start a new one.

Use whatever talent you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sing the best.
    - Henry Van ***

• Adelaide 9.30 am. Great news that Mallachie is now practising her French. Perhaps Rothes has enrolled in a Spanish course . . . and TF failed his exams and has to repeat . . . LOL.

ANNETTE - I notice the Weekly Chat is now 13 pages long. Just a suggestion that maybe a new "weekly" page after a week, or when the pages reach 10 (or whatever), whichever comes first. Still call it "weekly" as you have the date listed in title.

• aquilareen said:

Adelaide 9.30 am. Great news that Mallachie is now practising her French. Perhaps Rothes has enrolled in a Spanish course . . . and TF failed his exams and has to repeat . . . LOL.

ANNETTE - I notice the Weekly Chat is now 13 pages long. Just a suggestion that maybe a new "weekly" page after a week, or when the pages reach 10 (or whatever), whichever comes first. Still call it "weekly" as you have the date listed in title.

Hey AQ:  Re the post, yes I asked folks sometime in the last day or so if I should start a new one on Sunday, but it's grown in the last day or so, so I may as well do one now. Thanks! Hope you're doing okay.

• Teresa__ said:

IAnnette  As you start these threads I think it is down to you when to start a new one .  Just call it something like Latest Chat Page, instead of weekly chat page, with the date then people will know where to go once you start a new one.

Thanks Teresa. I'm wonderinfg if it would make sense to keep the Weekly for a little bit since folks have probably got used to the Daily and this is only the first Weekly. Some had trouble finding the page and don't want to confuse them by switching names again so soon. What do you think?

• Morning everyone. I started a new Weekly (well almost) Chat as of this morning, Saturday, since this one is now at 12 pages..

• Annette

It is probably better to start a new thread once the old ones get to a certain number but as I said before I will leave it up to you and not grumble whatever you do.

To help with long ones I open a folder on my desk top and then put short cuts in there leading to the last page I read when I was on here.  I can delete the old short cuts once they have served their purpose and put new up to date ones in.

It does save scrolling down each time.

Use whatever talent you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sing the best.
    - Henry Van ***