Weekly Chat, Sunday, April 17, 2011

Evening all: Just off to check recent posts.

• Unknown said:

BTW a greenfinch was sharing a feeder with 2 goldfinches this morning.  Don't think I've seen that before, I thought the greenies as we call them were abit more stroppy than that.

Trish, I have just noticed 4 greenfinch and only 1 goldfinch on the one feeder.

Another beautiful day here. Off to church shortly for 3pm Good Friday service. I hope the church is not too hot as it is usually very full.

• Afternoon all and a Happy Good Friday,

Margo: Sorry about the fridge freezer breaking down at such an inconvenient time, I remember our washing machine broke down on the day before we were due to go on holiday to Greece. No time to get a new one so had to come back to a broken machine.

WendyB: Amazing seeing an osprey from your garden. We are a bit too far from Rutland Water to see any ospreys but it is just about possible to see one on migration. I did see a red kite from my garden once which was a pleasant surprise.

Annette : Belated Anniversary greetings and glad you had a nice meal.

Trish : We had 3 goldfinches this morning but never had a greenfinch on the feeders.

OG : Welcome back and glad you managed to visit LG, Spey Bay and LOTL.

Linda: Good news that Buzz has put on weight and a visit to the vet was not required.

Djoans: No sea fret hear or haar as we used to call it in Scotland. Possibility of some smog though.  

Everyone else thanks for the chat.

Just noticed the temp has reached 24.4c. Looks like we are having summer in April this year. Well it makes a change I suppose. LadyP decided she had no summer tops this morning so we had to go to Matalan to find some. No tops and too many handbags.It's a pity you cant do a trade in. LOL. It was really busy with loads of foreigners as usual. We then did a mini shop before returning home for lunch and a very short walk for Hamish as it is far too hot for him today. Not planning to do much for the rest of the day. 

• Alan, I know what LadyP feels like - you can never have enough tops. Glad she was able to get some.

Very nice family service this morning and then home for a bite to eat. Dau brought a friend home for lunch, he also gave us a lift back as she has no car yet.

I think the sound is back of sorts at LG- perhaps not. It could be the sounds from LOtL I can hear instead and it is either Laird or Lady shouting away as if there is an intruder around.

Happy Anniversary Annette, from me too.

And as I write it was Lady who came back in and both were up because of an alert. Now Lady is settling down again.

• Haven't been on for a few days but looked back to page 2 and see Alan has had a lottery win. Pleased for you. We don't do the lottery but have fair few premium bonds and over the last month we have won £50 and 2 x £25. An Aunt of mine won £5000 in 1975 when it would almost have bought a house. The most we won a few years ago was £500.

Sat outside in glorious weather but I am very fair so keep fairly well covered up. Off to local pub shortly before Easter service at church. For once we will be singing trad hymns which I am looking forward to as our chuch tends to go more for modern which I cannot say either OH or myself are happy with, otherwise we do like the Church of Scotland service.

Friend of mine was at petshop yesterday and remarked that her daughter was upset as it appeared a goldfish was on its' way out. "Ah poor bairn , how old is she? MY friend surprized the lady by telling her daughter was 22!!!!!!! Hardly a bairn.

• LINDY  Well done to sons girlfriend. couldn't even manage a mile myself even in younger days. My bro did the Edinburgh marathon years ago for cancer research. He didn't get in too much training as he was working away from home ans so doing really long hours. Day after marathon he could hardly move so Dad took him to Physio pool (Mums job) where patients were just getting out. Hello Mum he said as he limped towards pool. A patient overheard and sympathised with Mum as her son was obviously crippled. Mum reassured her that in fact he had only been crippled since yesterday!!!!

• Afternoon all have been keeping up with the chat although I haven't been posting. Had to go to the doctors with my cough and it turned out I had a chest infection he gave me a course of tablets which I hope will help. Listening to everyone saying how sunny it is with them the temp. here is 9C and you can hardly see 100yds.

Margo sorry to here about your sister but now she has made a decision it is up to everyone else to support her. Billie seems to be doing an appraisal of the accommodation before he moves in. OG I heard on the radio that the rhubarb is sprouting because of the hot weather we have had the last few weeks.

Hope everyone has a pleasant easter weekend. 

george g

• Wendyb just been having a look back as I had only skim read to catch up but have been noticing lots of comments about you seeing an osprey from your garden.  You're so LUCKY to be sat with a glass of something nice and see that from your own garden.  We must check out Dava Moor(?) in July.  I'm sure you've mentioned it before as a scenic route to Inverness.  We usually have a trip to Black Isle when up there.  Would that fit in well - from Nethybridge?

• Mating at the Nauvo nest in Finland:

• Evening Everyone: Only had chance to speed read but with decorating, trolly shop and treating all the oak furniture before it comes in the day has just flown by. Super sunny day so OH has been painting and I have been outside sorting everything out before it comes in.

Got back from Elgin midday so made a coffee and sat in garden. OH spotted something and said " heron" I said no chance and it was the Osprey again. So exciting and was following the Spey down stream. Binos are now in my shed so if this happens again we will be up close and very personal.

Trish: Dava Moor is the route to go to Inverness if are not in a rush and do a short detour to the left via Lochindorb windy but stunning.

Promise to try harder in replying once my chaos is sorted.

Everyone have a very Happy Easter....Oh and not too much chocolate!!

• Great view of the sunset for this osprey: