• James H said:

I hope all the LoTL bloggers will complete the survey and register their disappoinment re banning comments

Hello Wrinklie I have completed the survey and stated my disappointment but it seems that there is not a lot we can do other than to obseve the copyright laws.  Just think it is a shame as people in different time zones will not be able to catch up with the action at the nest.

r

Margobird

• Apparently there is to be no permission for anyone to publish captures, images or video footage from the LOTL webcam on any websites, forums or blogs.

The only images we will be able to share are those provided for this purpose by SWT.

Saddening isn't it?

• ChloeB said:

Apparently there is to be no permission for anyone to publish captures, images or video footage from the LOTL webcam on any websites, forums or blogs.

The only images we will be able to share are those provided for this purpose by SWT.

Saddening isn't it?

ChloeB I think it is sad and I wonder if this will decrease the people viewing this year.

Margobird

• margobird said:

I hope all the LoTL bloggers will complete the survey and register their disappoinment re banning comments

Hello Wrinklie I have completed the survey and stated my disappointment but it seems that there is not a lot we can do other than to obseve the copyright laws.  Just think it is a shame as people in different time zones will not be able to catch up with the action at the nest.

r

[/quote]

Hi Margobird

If as I suspect the SWT logo would be embedded in captures similar to the RSPB captures  then that should satisfy the copyright requirements.

The moving finger writes..........and having writ, moves on

http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a232/05jimbob/

• Hi Wrinklie - no it won't. SWT have made their copyright requirements crystal clear. That being that we don't reproduce anything, with or without the logo, unless it is an item they have supplied and posted on their site for that purpose.

• Hi everyone.

I must say I'm a bit sad and surprised at the Scottish Wildlife Trust's position on screen capture that clearly bear their emblem.  While I can fully understand the SWT taking a stronger legal stand with regard to heavier use of webcam footage, photos etc because of Copywrite issues in the past, surely (and I say this as a member of the SWT) screenshots bearing wonderful wildlife imagary and the SWT logo posted on internet forums of social networking groups should be seen as an effective tool with regards to recruiting members, rather than a breach of Copywrite as could be applied to the use of SWT images in a book where the writer and publisher could make a profit.  None of which may be donated to the SWT in the worse case scenario. 

Well it seems the SWT have made their position clear in this matter and sadly we won't be seeing captures of the Ospreys at Loch of the Lowes this year, posted in this thread.  I supose we'll just have to replace screenshots with out own prose.  Or do we all apply for a licence? 

Paul.

Warning!  This post contains atrocious spelling, and terrible grammar.  Approach with extreme edginess.

• Paul - sadly, from the standard replies to email enquiries, it appears that no license to reproduce anything will be forthcoming.

• I find the attitude of SWT to be disappointing to say the least. I remember last years thread on this site to be very informative, people from USA and other parts of Europe, even further afield were involved, Sandra used to post early morning screenshots, I posted movie clips as did others, it was like a small community with a common interest.

I wonder how the bloggers who raised a substantial sum of money for SWT last year feel now, making calendars etc, I really don't understand it.

I don't for one moment believe it is a local decision, this has come from HQ, I have the greatest respect for the staff at LOTL.

I'm retired now and have a lot of time on my hands and am working on a way we can continue sharing files. It's not hard to set up a private community (Blogger - no public access) where we could all contribute to the events.I use a blocker to prevent people finding my IP address (legal) and have constructed a blog which can show screenshots and videos to my "friends" only.

One thing is paramount though, do not post any files on the RSPB blogs which may result in copyright issues.

Any comments would be appreciated - I just don't want to see people miss out on one of natures miracles because of red tape.

• Hi Lofty

As a follower and previous fund raising contributor at Lowes I would be very interested in your 'private community'.  It is very sad what is happening at present, and any chance of seeing the birds and their activity I am sure would be very welcome.

• Could anyone advise if there is a facility on this blog to send private messages - I have looked, but haven't been able to find any.