Odin

At 1.30pm on Friday 3rd April 2009 a new male osprey arrived at Loch Garten and began to woo EJ who has had a difficult time at Loch Garten since she arrived on June 16th 2003 having been evicted from her own nest.

At the time we said that we would give the new male time to settle in before passing judgent. As the season darws to a close maybe it is the time to say what Odin has come to mean to you and how he compares to previous Loch Garten males like OVS, Henry and Ollie?

• It seems like the first sighting of Odin on the webcam was 18.22

Apparently he had been sighted from the visitor centre at 17.09

Thanks to Alison for this video of his arrival.

His arrival is documented on the thread for today, Saturday 2nd April 2011.

• I can hardly describe how happy I am at Odin's return.  He is an amazing Osprey and the fact he arrived with a fish, shows his class.

Thanks for the video link, Tiger.  Thanks to Alison for uploading it.

Warning!  This post contains atrocious spelling, and terrible grammar.  Approach with extreme edginess.

• Thanks to Alison from me too. I missed his webcam arrival.

• Alison's clip is the ONLY way I could ever see Odin's arrival!  On that clip, the most wonderful 'Odin' moment for me was when he was scraping out the egg cup, and paused, spred-eagled, across the nest, to look around him.  Everything about his body language said 'This is my nest, and I'm so glad to be back!!!'

Smiles, Jan.

• Just need to add my thoughts about Odin being a Super Osprey. Came straight in and resumed his duties like he'd never been away. What a guy:)

• A few pics of Odin for the record...

• Got EJ with him but think it's appropriate.