Daily Update - Saturday 1st August 2009

Rothes is sitting on the camera post preening herself, her beautiful orange nape blowing in the breeze.

She flies off at 10.26. Did I say breeze? It's pretty windy at LG this morning.

Make the most of today because, unlike Sky+, there isn't a rewind button.

• Great capture Foxtail. I can see people soon preaching the virtues of this system.

• Hmmmm....

As I was about to go someone arrived on the nest.  It's Mallachie (I think) and she's looking anxiously down over the edge of the rear of the nest.  Something's spooked her? She flies off and arrives back at the nest shortly after. Has a jump around the nest, picks up a stick, flies up, drops it and lands on the camera post. Someone has joined her, can't make out who it is.

Hmmm, have seen this over the last couple of days...is Odin about to appear? Whichever chick is there (Mallachie flown off again) is looking expectantly outwards. I think it's Garten. EDIT - It wasn't Garten, it was EJ.

No sooner have I worked out who it is she flies off. Maybe Odin isn't expected after all.

• What IS going on below the rear of the nest?? EJ (I think) has just landed on the nest and is also interested in what's going on down there. She seems really agitated. Does anyone know?

• Ahhhh now I know....Mallachie dropped a fish and it's got stuck down below the nest. Found out from David and his new Blog post - Mystery solved!

• EJ JUST LANDED WITH FISH FOLLOWED QUICKLY BY ONE OF THE CHICKS, EJ TAKES OFF AND ODIN LANDS WITH FISH

• now everyone has disappeared including fish i think! now rothes or mallachie on nest.

• Flipping heck that was a mad 5 minutes, wasn't it. Two fish deliveries in quick succession and now all birds and all fish have disappeared. No...hold the phone....someone (tagged) has just arrived, fishless. She is now looking for the fish down below the nest.

• thanks for all the updates everyone and the great screen shots.

Mallachie (I think) is still looking over the side of the nest towards the fish!

• whoever it is i think is trying to find a way to the fish that was dropped earlier, she keeps jumping about and looking over the back of the nest.

• I can't get over the fact that we had Odin on the nest twice in a matter of seconds! Brought the fish in, looked a bit confused and took off with the fish. Then he came back again and then a few seconds later took off with it again. It WAS Odin, wasn't it? It sure looked like him.