Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 20 October 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a good week.

My forest looked quite mystical this past week. Freezing fog hung in the trees and frost covered the ground. It's turning warm again now, but the wildlife are very actively hunting for food. They are eating heartily to put on weight in order to make it through the winter. The groundhog needs to double his weight to survive the long hibernation. I seem to be constantly hungry, too! LOL

Love and hugs to all.

• Diane:  Thank you so much!   Enjoy the fall season on your patch.   Our neighborhood Liquidamber trees are just beginning to turn - so pretty - and our own Chinese Pistache are working up it it.  Meanwhile, the leaves on our Chinese Elm are dropping; looks like snowflakes drifting  - and our Northern Mockingbird is back in town.

Have a good Sunday all.

• Thank you Diane. I enjoyed your description of the forest. I also enjoyed your description of the local trees Annette. 
    I did autumnal things in the garden yesterday. I tidied up and brought into the conservatory all my geraniums and succulents.  Not much room for me to sit in there now! I planted the last of my tulip bulbs and cut the grass. I was tired at the end of the day but very satisfied. 
    I hope everyone has a good week. 

• What lovely opening posts for this autumn week.  OH has seen some fabulous pics from Green Park where we were staying a couple of weeks ago.......autumn at its very best.  Sad that Chris Hoy has terminal cancer but what an inspiring attitude he has,,,,,typical of this lovely man.  We are off out to Eden Court in 10 mins to see a screening of the ballet "Alice in Wonderland"  I am sure we will enjoy it as much as last time.

• Agree about the lovely Chris Hoy dibnlib: such a shame. A lovely man . 

OG - sorry you've had a bad spell. Good that you're still managing to send out the magazine.

Rusty- I went to Speke Hall when I lived in Lancashire, about 100 years ago! I do remember being very impressed. Enjoyed seeing your pictures of the famous black & white exterior. 

Its been windy here but only a bit showery. The wind brought down a lot of autumn leaves but many leaves are still green as we  haven't had a frost yet. Things are still trying to flower in the garden. 

We went to our favourite garden centre today but I only came away with Christmas wrapping paper.  Lots of big Christmassy displays but you can't get excited when it's months away!!

•  Agree about the lovely Chris Hoy dibnlib: such a shame. A lovely man . 

OG - sorry you've had a bad spell. Good that you're still managing to send out the magazine.

Rusty- I went to Speke Hall when I lived in Lancashire, about 100 years ago! I do remember being very impressed. Enjoyed seeing your pictures of the famous black & white exterior. 

Its been windy here but only a bit showery. The wind brought down a lot of autumn leaves but many leaves are still green as we  haven't had a frost yet. Things are still trying to flower in the garden. 

We went to our favourite garden centre today but I only came away with Christmas wrapping paper.  Lots of big Christmassy displays but you can't get excited when it's months away!!