Weekly Chat (non-osprey) Sunday, September 29 2024

Hallo all.  Seems like Central Indiana, including Diane's neighborhood, got hit by high winds, downed trees and power outages as Hurricane Helene traveled north (not a hurricane at that point but still very strrong winds).  Do hope no damage to her little house in the trees.....  I'm sure she'll be in touch when  she can.

We are having a low key birthday celebration tomorrow for daughter and granddaughter whose birthdays are two weeks apart.  Granddaughter was working on hers and will also be working on daughter's so we're combining both.  Grandson will - hopefullly - be home and fast asleep:  He'''s been gone from home fo 31 days, working 16-hours a day on various fires around the state.  Spoke to him a few days ago and he was completely exhausted.

It's been a busy week and Monday will be busy but really hope thing will slow down after that!  

Hope everyone has a good week and that various health concerns will be laid to rest.  Take care everyone.

• So sorry about your OH, LINDY. I think that EE had something similar recently, which OG put down to something he ate at the church. Regarding long waits for results - my middle daughter has been waiting for weeks for the results of a cervical biopsy. Not good.

DIBNLIB  - postal services in this part of town are not very reliable. Usually Tuesdays and Saturdays ! 

RUSTY  - I can't do better than agree with OG when referring to David Hockney! 

Not a lot to report from here, youngest daughter was here yesterday and I took the opportunity to do some more shredding. I think that it is coming to an end, thank goodness. Memo to self - shred as you go. One thing I did notice was that I used to have all the carpets professionally cleaned every two years ! Haven't had it done since 2021. Most visitors remove their shoes, it all looks OK at the moment. 

• Lindy - so sorry to hear about your OH’s food poisoning. It sounds horrid and very worrying for you too. I hope he is feeling better today. You must both be tired. Also, it was a shame that you were misled by the website regarding gates. I had an experience a bit like that when I rang the company who had installed my new drive about 10 years before. I had looked at the website and found they did what I wanted adding. When I rang it was a person who had moved into the property who had to tell me that the company had gone out of business and that he was getting lots of calls like mine and couldn’t contact the people to get them to take their website down!!!   

Heather - well done with the continued shredding. It will be a job well done. 

Annette - I hope you are making progress with your jobs. 
    I am rather pleased with myself because after lunch I made a sudden decision to cut the grass as it was quite dry. I treated myself to a piece of cake afterwards as a reward!!! 

• Thank you dibnlb. We are both a bit washed out  now! No cookery required today as I just had bread & cheese for lunch and my OH has had nothing but water all day.

He just took the dog to the corner of the field behind us for a quick "walk" but she looks a little puzzled! 

Lots of discussion online locally about the lack of a proper postal service. Most people pretty disgusted.