Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 22 September 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY AUTUMN EQUINOX!

The equinox is Sunday, 22 September, in the UK and US.

Where I live, we are hoping for the rains to arrive as promised on Sunday. We've had awful drought conditions, with high heat and low humidity (extremely rare for Indiana). Our small-town volunteer fire departments have been stressed to the max with field, forest, grass, and brush fires. The corn and bean fields are crunchy and turning black. Most Indiana counties have declared a state of emergency and put total burn bans in place with high fines.

FedEx delivered my order for all the organization and winter emergency goods I ordered. The big pileated woodpecker squawked at me as I carried the boxes down my long driveway lane. Those woodpeckers don't migrate, so apparently he's going to spend the winter in the woods across from my front door. I welcome his company.

Love and hugs to all.

• Lindy - you might be right that your tiredness is due to the new jab. That would be the best explanation. Your OH seems to have to wait an awfully long time for his test results. I do hope they are favourable and that you can finally drink the champagne. 
    Harelady - gosh you have had a lot of appointments and scans etc. Like Lindy’s OH you seem to be waiting ages for the follow ups. It’s not right. Surely with the scans they actually know the results immediately. A couple of weeks ago, a friend of mine went to the hospital in Chester for her mammogram (following cancer treatment some time ago) She asked how long the results would be. They said, with their new system, she just had to wait until someone was available and she got the results (clear) at the same appointment!!! What about that? How sensible. Only one appointment for mammogram and result. No anxious waiting. I would like to bet that that system hasn’t arrived in Wales when I go for my next mammogram in November. Last year I had to wait until January for the result!! 
    OG - 4.30 is quite late for haircuts isn’t it? At least they are done. I vary between 5 or 6 week appointments. 
    I had a nice outing today. I went with a friend to Burton Manor gardens on the Wirral. We had a pleasant walk around and a nice lunch. We then called at a very nice garden centre where she bought me my usual birthday present - tulip bulbs. I just choose the colours I think I will like. I don’t know much about the varieties etc. They always seem to do well and give a cheerful display in the spring. I think it’s a nice tradition we have.