Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 25 August 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I think the wildlife are preparing for an early autumn here. We had some chilly nights this past week. The hummingbirds left for their winter homes. The Black Vultures are gone. Plus, this week, I saw a huge V of Canadian Geese headed south already. 

I hope everyone has a good week.

Love and hugs to all!

• OG:  A difficult situation and especially so since you and EE have your own issues.  I guess it was good that J got in to see the doc so quickly.  Do you know if the alternative accommodation was far away?   No blood eh?  Things are worse than I thought!  :-))

Lindybird:  I go to a Mexican restaurant for take-out sometimes and there's often an old lady behind the counter making tortillas: She rolls enough dough for one tortilla in her hands, flattens it out on the board and then, one at at time, lays each tortilla over her forearms until she has no more room then stacks them.  Not sure that doesn't break half a dozen Health and Safety rules but it is authentic and they're great tortillas.  (The younger workers use a mechanical thingy.)

• OG - I can quite understand how discouraging your life must be at the moment. What an awful worry regarding J. It must seem impossible to find a suitable solution just now. I am sending my best wishes and thoughts. At least Annette was able to add a touch of humour with her comment about your lack of blood! 
    I had something for my tea (dinner/supper depending on where you come from) which I haven’t had for years. 2 fried eggs, baked beans and chips (fries) It was really tasty. I have all these eggs to eat up as my niece’s chickens are very productive!!! I got fed up of scrambled eggs and poached eggs. 

• My OH loves a slice of bacon and two fried eggs, Rusty. Often with baked beans, too. We try to limit our fried food but it is a lovely treat.

OG -- Sorry you have further worries about J.  Your doctor sounds very sensible. My OH says he doesn't mind driving but it worries me as I used to do a half, on long journeys, but now I have eyesight problems I don't feel confident on motorway type roads.

We are in Wales again, now - drove here yesterday after a drama as I felt not so good with cystitis symptoms - after deciding we might not travel, I then found a packet of antibiotics I had for emergencies and am now using those. Felt better after only 24 hours. We've had bright sunshine today and went for a pleasant walk. 

• Lindy - what a nice idea to go to Wales. Is it very busy? Lovely weather though. Systitis is horrid. I had it before I went on my big holiday. I did an e consult and, to be fair, I got the appropriate antibiotics immediately. Hope yours are working for you. 
    I have just been on a 2 mile walk round some local lanes. It is just my temperature. All the hedges are really overgrown.  No views at the moment.

• OG  so very sorry to hear you all have yet more problems.  Wishing you better.

• LINDA - sorry you were unwell - glad you felt well enough for what looks like a weekend of good weather in Wales!

I enjoyed time in the garden today watching OH plant some autumn bedding and sowing some salad under glass.  It has been a relatively quiet day without any big problems!

• Keep it that way for a bit, OG! LOL!! Easier said than done, I know...

We've had a wonderfully sunny day here, and enjoyed a walk besides the Straits with Anglesey on the far shore: