Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 25 August 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I think the wildlife are preparing for an early autumn here. We had some chilly nights this past week. The hummingbirds left for their winter homes. The Black Vultures are gone. Plus, this week, I saw a huge V of Canadian Geese headed south already. 

I hope everyone has a good week.

Love and hugs to all!

• Diane:  Thank you.  We've had orb spiders in our garden since the beginning of August - two months earlier than usual.   Also, the Paciic Northwest has the very early first storm and there was snow in the northern Sierras today.

AQ:  Spoke to my niece in the UK today; she's off to see a very dear friend in Adelaide mid-September for three weeks.  She and  her friend are both turning 60 within two day of each other and her friend's husband is footing the bill for my niece's airfare (her visit is his surprise birthday gift for his wife). She's so excited and absolutely deserves a treat.  I was hoping she could stop over in California for a day or three en route home but she's already going to miss a few days teaching and anyway, it would be rude to cut into the Oz visit given that her host is paying for her airfare.

Did a lot of work in the garden today; plan to do more tomorrow morning then spend the afternoon lolling.

Take care all.

• Thank you Diane. Yes. We have signs of autumn here too. 
    Annette - well done with the gardening,

I have had my usual walk with my friend this morning. 2.5 miles in the end. Very pleasant if a bit breezy. No sign of the swallows by the farm. I wonder if they have already left? It was nice to chat and catch up. 

• Thank you, DIANE.

Autumnal here also. My grapes are smaller than usual and still bright green. I don't think that they will ripen this year. The vine leaves have already started to get paler - a few weeks earlier than usual.

• HEATHER  This week is meant to be more summery to you never know??