Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 18 August 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL, BLUE, SUPERMOON!

The moon turns full in:

LONDON, UK on 19 August at 7:25 p.m.

ADELAIDE, AUSTRALIA on 20 August at 3:55 a.m.

CALIFORNIA on 19 August at 11:25 a.m.

This moon is a rare event, because it's the first of 4 Supermoons (close to Earth) and it's a Blue moon (the 3rd of 4 full moons in a single season). 

I hope it ushers in a good season for everyone. Love and hugs to all!

www.space.com/supermoon-blue-moon-august-2024-what-to-expect

• Just bumping us up before I resume my gardening. It’s calm and dry so I am hoping to make some more progress. 

• Email copies of church mag sent off this morning  so maybe life returns to normal now (whatever that is!).  Also it seems I have time off tomorrow as the visiting preacher wants to do the intercessions himself although I was on the rota - I did check this out with the administrator, so I hope we've got it right!

Big closing event of the Annan History Town Summer Festival is today - venue moved due to flooding over the past week where it should have been (near the river).  They tried to deliver portaloos yesterday but couldn't get on the ground!  We shell probably hear pipes and drums from here - the town is lucky to have spare locations for these things.  We might get some garden time later.

• Sorry I seem to have missed coming on here --  the days pass so quickly! Yesterday was busy as although my OH went out for a golf competition which took most of the day, he left me in charge of things and the roofers came, as we found a small damp patch on our bedroom ceiling recently. They reset most of the ridge tiles and banged away at the flashing around one of the dormer windows- later he pronounced that it was probably the problem. Otherwise he says  the roof is OK - which is a relief as I had visions of it needing a complete new one!

After they'd finished they sat in the garden with a coffee I'd made for them and said "what a beautiful garden!" As they were only young I was touched. They also made friends with Bonnie who was hoping for a biscuit from the tray (!)

We had a lot of rain at night and today is showery again, but we're hoping for a dry drive South tomorrow, as we go to visit our Eldest and Amber our granddaughter who is going to be TEN!!! Where did that time go??