Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 18 August 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL, BLUE, SUPERMOON!

The moon turns full in:

LONDON, UK on 19 August at 7:25 p.m.

ADELAIDE, AUSTRALIA on 20 August at 3:55 a.m.

CALIFORNIA on 19 August at 11:25 a.m.

This moon is a rare event, because it's the first of 4 Supermoons (close to Earth) and it's a Blue moon (the 3rd of 4 full moons in a single season). 

I hope it ushers in a good season for everyone. Love and hugs to all!

www.space.com/supermoon-blue-moon-august-2024-what-to-expect

• Thank you Diane. 

Granddaughter, Ms D and I went off to watch Space X's latest launch from Vandenberg Air Force base yesterday.  Wonderfully clear day and perfect views of the launch (can't get near the base but had a good view as the rocket appeared over the hill).  Big thrill for the kids, who hadn't seen one before, especially as the booster rocket returned to the lanch pad and not to the offshore landing site miles out to sea.   Very, very loud launch and then a sonic boom followed by more noise when the booster rocket landed.    Always a thrill.    Then we went off shopping for Ms D, who needed some clothes and other supplies for school, which starts on Monday.

Hope all are well; have a good Sunday everyone.  

• The launch must have been exciting Annette. 

• Thank you Diane. I will look out for the full moon. I have just read that our sky is hazy at the moment due to the smoke from the Canadian wildfires arriving over here!!! Amazing! My friends in Calgary haven’t been golfing because it is too smoky. They are safe where they are. I hope you are feeling better with things now.

Annette - how fantastic for your family to see and hear a launch. Now back to school. It soon comes round.

No news here. No lunches out to report!! I am making slow but steady progress with my gardening projects. It’s actually very nice to have some quieter days. I have got a huge book on the go by Robert Galbraith (aka JK Rowling) It is a Strike (private detective) novel with 940 pages!!! It is very tense just now so I don’t read it in the evening. I am only just over half way through!!

• RUSTY  Finished that one recently, it is a good read.    DIANE thank you for starting the week and hope you are feeling better.  Annette   what an amazing sight that must have been.