Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 11 August 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

The weird summer of storms and torrential rain has produced a large population of super-powered mosquitoes here. They bite fiercely and produce huge welts plus extreme itching and aching at the site. I've never seen them like this. I have a 2-inch welt on on my forehead right now. Not very attractive!

I apologize for not making replies lately. I had to deal with some critical stuff and haven't been able to concentrate on all the folks here. I have now read your posts.

Everybody have the best week possible. Love and hugs to all.

• Enjoyed our lunch out - went down the coast to Nefyn & took Bonnie for a walk on the beach ( at the end marked "for dogs!"). Then went for a panini at a favourite place  followed by a huge slice of Victoria sponge each and a brew of tea. Didn't want much tonight!

I've been reading & rereading all your interesting posts but can't catch up now. 

OG - How nice that you had a compliment on your reading in church. Hope you're sleeping better now.

Annette - Didn't know about the warnings of earthquakes your way. Glsd you're OK. I did see that they were warning of a huge event in Japan soon....

I hated the Olympic closing. Can't remember if I wrote about it on here, but I really felt it was dire. The "music" offerings at the end were grim too. 

We came here on Thursday after my OH played 18 holes of golf (!!) Then on Friday we just rested. We intend going home on Wednesday as things in our garden will suffering, as have not arranged for any watering. 

• Enjoyed our lunch out - went down the coast to Nefyn & took Bonnie for a walk on the beach ( at the end marked "for dogs!"). Then went for a panini at a favourite place  followed by a huge slice of Victoria sponge each and a brew of tea. Didn't want much tonight!

I've been reading & rereading all your interesting posts but can't catch up now. 

OG - How nice that you had a compliment on your reading in church. Hope you're sleeping better now.

Annette - Didn't know about the warnings of earthquakes your way. Glsd you're OK. I did see that they were warning of a huge event in Japan soon....

I hated the Olympic closing. Can't remember if I wrote about it on here, but I really felt it was dire. The "music" offerings at the end were grim too. 

We came here on Thursday after my OH played 18 holes of golf (!!) Then on Friday we just rested. We intend going home on Wednesday as things in our garden will suffering, as have not arranged for any watering. 

• 1st picture is Nefyn beach. 

2nd picture is of the gorgeous heather & wildflowers at the sides of the lanes we drove through to get there.

• Thanks for the pics Lindy.  Hope your garden has fared well without you.  I also thought the closing ceremony was  rubbish.

• I didn’t bother watching the Closing Ceremony, neither direct (4.30 am) nor the later replay. The snippets in the news confirm that I dislike modern music and spectacle and wasted money on fireworks and – oh, shut up grumpy oldie!!!

ANNETTE  - I did note the Aussie girls had much tighter shorts than the men for their “formal” attire. But what did surprise me – the hi-cut costumes for swimming, diving, beach volleyball. Little was left to the imagination.

• Good morning and Thank You DIANE

Lots of interesting stuff posted - Thank you all ! RUSTY - I love canal boating , pootling along at 4mph, a chance to see lots.

Sorry no more replies - I keep having to correct typos :-(  Not sure why I'm making so many. Maybe my mind is elsewhere, probably my dental appointment tomorrow. The practice has sent me two lots of forms to complete online. They must be pushing cosmetic dentistry big time - the first question was ' Are you happy with your smile ?'.

• AQ:  Never did understand why they need such skimpy outfits for beach volleyball.

Heather:  My smile isn't the problem; its the rest of my face!...Good luck at the dentist.

Rusty:  Canal outing sounds seriously restful.   How did the French class go?  Will they be discussing the closing ceremony at a future gathering I wonder?