Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 11 August 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

The weird summer of storms and torrential rain has produced a large population of super-powered mosquitoes here. They bite fiercely and produce huge welts plus extreme itching and aching at the site. I've never seen them like this. I have a 2-inch welt on on my forehead right now. Not very attractive!

I apologize for not making replies lately. I had to deal with some critical stuff and haven't been able to concentrate on all the folks here. I have now read your posts.

Everybody have the best week possible. Love and hugs to all.

• Thanks as always Diane and sorry you re having to deal with stuff, so don't worry about replies - we will all be here when you are ready to join in.

Does insect repellent spray work for mosquitoes? I have used it in Scotland to keep the midges at bay. Also a product by Avon called Skin so Soft is also very good if its still made.

Nothing much going on with me - we are expecting 3 days of very hot weather so will be getting my walk in the early morning this week.

Also preparing for my son and his family arriving later in the week for 5 days. Their work schedule means they all come together so Mum and kids arriving Thursday by train, she will go home Saturday afternoon, the kids will stay with me and my son will be driving here after work on Saturday - and should arrive about midnight. its a 3 hour drive so I hope he wont be too tired.

Have a good week all and stay safe.

• Thank you Diane for starting the week once again despite all your difficulties. Great sympathies re the mosquitoes. I also have huge reactions to insect bites, even the ones we get here, but those mossies sound extra aggressive.

Life much the same here. We have had more visits from relatives. Very nice to see them, but OH gets  tired easily.

I don't seem to have much spare time recently, but enjoy reading everyone's posts. Thanks to all.

Very sorry about your situation Dibnlib. I also remember that this has been taking a long time to resolve.