Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 4 August 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I don't have any wildlife stories this week. It stormed every day here. Hot and humid and torrential rain. I was exhausted after my dog-sitting. One of the dogs is 18 years old. She wouldn't sleep at night. She got out of her bed every hour, went to the kitchen, and barked and barked...

So, I have slept in front of the fan most of the week and followed the news/politics. I intend to come on this site tomorrow and make replies. Sorry I haven't been very functional.

Everyone have a good week. Love and hugs to all!!!

• AQ - I so hope that the move can happen soon and also the move to a Nursing Home asap. Thoughts are with you, your OH and family.

• AQ:  Let us know how it all transpires with OH.  Is there anyway you can see your travel group and also OH?   Yes, I was horrified for the piano (and the player)  - i t was bucketing down!  I agree choosing the Seine has been problematic.  Did no-one consider possibility of bad weather?  Not to mention pollution.

Kamala has just named her VP choice - Tim Waltz, Governor of Minnesota.  IHe's not as well known (at least to us on the West Coast) as some of the other candidates, but the 'Coasts' are typically reliable bases for the Dems, whereas the Midwest states, often known somewhat dismissively as the fly-over States, present more challenges.  I'd be interested to know what Diane and bjane think.  

• LINDA – I always imagine that only books should be on bookshelves – not plants, ornaments and “stuff”!

AQ – So, if today’s move is not to a nursing home, where is it to?  Sounds like something to add additional confusion to your poor OH’s condition!

Had better weather today – dry, hot and sunny – but breezy.  OH did a couple of small garden jobs – I stayed out the way so he didn’t have the added task of moving me around. 

J walked into town for exercise then discovered his hand was painful and couldn’t hold his walking stick to come home.  He also “couldn’t” empty the dishwasher (his regular task) so OH had to add that into what he was doing.  All going out for lunch tomorrow – I expect he will be okay for that!

• AQ - I too hope that your OH’s move goes smoothly. As has been said, it will be very confusing for him. I hope a permanent place becomes available soon. 
    OG - our weather was bright and breezy too. I went with a couple of friends to Burton Mere RSPB. They are not really birders so we just had a lovely relaxing walk. We had lunch there of course. We went on to stroll round the gardens at nearby Burton Manor afterwards. It was a very pleasant day.