Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 4 August 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I don't have any wildlife stories this week. It stormed every day here. Hot and humid and torrential rain. I was exhausted after my dog-sitting. One of the dogs is 18 years old. She wouldn't sleep at night. She got out of her bed every hour, went to the kitchen, and barked and barked...

So, I have slept in front of the fan most of the week and followed the news/politics. I intend to come on this site tomorrow and make replies. Sorry I haven't been very functional.

Everyone have a good week. Love and hugs to all!!!

• I'm here! Sorry I've been AWOL again--  Our Youngest has been enjoying fairly decent weather for a fortnight in Wales, in our caravan, and then sprung upon us that they would like to call in to visit us in their way home again. So I spent Saturday cleaning & putting my "bits" away in advance of an invasion of three children! Plus shopping for a buffet lunch to tempt them all. On Sunday it was so nice to see them but afterwards we were flaked out! 

Many thanks to Diane for starting us off again. I'm sorry that the old dog was a problem: they can have mental problems, the same as us humans and maybe your friends should have given you a sedative to ca!m the dog at night time.

• I'm here as well !  Thanks DIANE for starting the week.

It's been a quiet weekend here - eldest daughter came in on Saturday with my shopping, we had lunch together before she had to go home and attend to their young dog. She's a cocker spaniel and very very active. I'm afraid that one of the family will trip over her one of these days.

I haven't watched the Olympics at all - in fact, the TV hasn't been on at all for almost a week. I'm in a reading mood at the moment. I did find a video of Celine Dion singing the French love song at the end of the opening ceremony- I believe Edith Piaf first sang it.

I'm sorry that you had a bad night, OG. It sounds very frightening.

Hope that the French group goes well, RUSTY ! 

Regards to all - thinking about AQ.

• I'm here!  Spent yesterday sorting through paperwork, which OH was never good at organizing.   He's also compulsive about making copies of documents (multiple copies!!) so the shredder has been burning up.  :-)   Still more paperwork to sort out; it gets a bit worrisome at times.

OG:  Sounds discombobulating; hope things are more settled.

Lindybird: Always nice to see family so you hate to complain when they 'stop by.' 

Heather:  Just make sure you aren't the one tripping over the spaniel.  :-)   I havent watched the Olympics much either, but somehow missed the men's tennis finals.  :-(     Celine Dion isn't one of my favorites (a bit too stylized for me) but I must admit her performance was pretty darn spectacular.  She must've been thrilled after all she's been - and going - through.   

Rusty:  Will be interesting to hear the French group's comments on the Opening Ceremony.

Off to seize the day!