Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 4 August 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I don't have any wildlife stories this week. It stormed every day here. Hot and humid and torrential rain. I was exhausted after my dog-sitting. One of the dogs is 18 years old. She wouldn't sleep at night. She got out of her bed every hour, went to the kitchen, and barked and barked...

So, I have slept in front of the fan most of the week and followed the news/politics. I intend to come on this site tomorrow and make replies. Sorry I haven't been very functional.

Everyone have a good week. Love and hugs to all!!!

• Diane:  OMG.  Sounds like new behavior for that old dog; you've never mentioned a problem with any of them before.  I imagine you had to get up and try to calm her down so neighbors didn't complain??    Don't worry about catching up if recuperating in front of the fan takes a while longer.  I'm waiting for Kamala's pick for VP candidate.  No surprise DT wimped out of the ABC debate; she'd be a formidable debator.  . 

• Welcome home and welcome back to your  own bed Diane. I do hope temperatures are better for you at home.

• Thank you Diane for starting us off despite being so tired and hot. 
    I did a long post yesterday about my trip to Leeds plus a lot of replies should you wish to go back and read that.

This morning I had a local walk with a friend. We chatted the whole way!!! This afternoon I have been working on the lesson I am going to give in French at the beginning of September. Guess what the subject is? Les Jeux Olympiques!!! Ah oui!!!! 

• Thanks Diane for starting the week......very sad to hear about the old dog.

• I did look in yesterday, but didn't have things to say - quite painful some of the time then s bad night last night - just didn't know where I was and what wa going on.  A bit better today and didn't go to church - no normal serices in town due o holiday club "celebration".  J went and said it was "same as usual"

LYNETTE - good to see ypu posted yesteday and feel progress is being made towards the new knee - am I right to think this is your second one?

Not gardening weather, so just keeping up with indoors today.

DIANE- thanks for taking time from resting and cooling off - sorry the old dog is uncomfortable and disrruptive at night.

• Rusty - I wonder what you are going to say about THAT Opening Ceremony???

• Pat - I am going to say nothing. One of the tasks is for the groups to discuss that! 
    OG - so sorry you had  another bad night. Fingers crossed for a better one tonight. 

• Rusty - It will be interesting to hear what they have to say.  I have had some very interesting conversations with people over the past week.  And some interesting reports from various publications ...  One which stands out was along the lines of, "... if you missed it (good choice!) ..."  Now I'm wondering what they are going to do for the closing ceremony. 

• Gosh. Where is everyone? I have been cutting the grass and needed a sit down and no one is here!!!! It’s humid this afternoon so I will stay in now with the windows open. 

• Gosh. Where is everyone? I have been cutting the grass and needed a sit down and no one is here!!!! It’s humid this afternoon so I will stay in now with the windows open.