Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 28 July 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I just walked through the door, back from dog-sitting for friends in Indianapolis. Except for cuddling the dogs, it was an awful time in every possible way. I don't think I'm going to do it again. Probably won't be asked. My friend and I had a bad argument on the way home. I will do you all a favor and not detail my 5 days for you. 

No wildlife stories from me this week, except that there were also raccoons in the attic there.

I will now read and catch up with all your news. Everyone have a good week. Love and hugs to all.

•  Bless you.

Life can be so cruel,

as Annette says your long term caring, is taking it's toll.Yet again, it is you, who has to adapt, as OH is still being cared for, and no longer able to participate.you are still having to plan.

Sadly  for you it is an early form of grief, as your long term partner and friend, is no longer beside you daily.You are bearing the burden, of not only  concern for his continuing care, but also your home,family and your own health..

Enjoy your Books, a wonderful therapy.Relieving our minds of our domesticity. Doh!!

BIG Hugs and Prayers

• ANNETTE, PAT, KATE – Thank you. Your wise words much appreciated.

Evening here and I am about to snooze through another TV program! Then wake for a few more pages of my book.

• All awake at various times in the night – sometimes all together!  So we delayed the alarm clocks this morning – I woke up feeling worse.  Weather today a bit dull but still rather hot.  Supposed to be our W Anniversary today – nothing happening.  Had a card from Dau#2 – came over a week ago – other one is on holiday in Suffolk this week.  GDs are still in Paris.

AQ – I too hope that nursing home has a garden for your OH to sit out as that is what he has been used to.  I hope they will soon find a place for him.

I am supposed to be catching up on letter-writing today, but really don’t feel I want to be bothered – need to confirm Dau#2 arrangements to call in here in two weeks on the way somewhere else.  Maybe when that one is done I shall feel more like more pleasant correspondence!

• OG  EE  Happy Anniversary to you both and hoe your crow is fine.

• Happy Anniversary OG and EE. Hope you get all your correspondence done easily OG.

I have had a very pleasant day. One of the members of my Flora and Fauna group invited us bring a picnic and to go to her house which is in the countryside. It has a beautiful garden. It was such a pleasant sociable occasion and we strolled round the garden and admired the veg patch and greenhouse. The chairs were all arranged under a big apple tree so we had lots of shade to sit in. 

• It is indeed lovely, RUSTY. I'm glad that you enjoyed it -

The world is all upside down, horrible things and awful people everywhere. I imagine that my friends on here are experiencing the same thoughts and feelings.... I was lying awake last night pondering about this that and the other and just want to say how much I appreciate this group - somewhere that we can come and just share our everyday life stuff . 

• What a beautiful cottage garden, Rusty. I expect you've had similar weather to us - a couple of warm/sometimes hot days and just a brief shower this morning as we got up. 

AQ,- You sound a little like some people do when they go on holiday - suddenly all their complicated responsibilities are gone & it's a shock - then they need to sleep a lot to readjust. Take your time. Read your books, listen to the birds. 

OG - Happy Anniversary. You can celebrate later, no doubt, with a little treat. Glad your leg has improved. 

We sat in the garden again this afternoon which did seem a bit lazy, as things do need doing, but the fine days are so rare, we have to take advantage! My OH has trimmed some of the shrubs but without my supervision, so now they look like a hedge! Grr! 

• Heather - You sound a bit stronger. Yes, there are such sad things happening around the world and even here in the UK. A little unsettling. Annoying, too - why are people expressing surprise that there are going to be some nasty decisions by the new government?  During the election campaign, they promised the Moon & Stars, but did not tell us how they were going to pay for it! Now no one likes it! Sigh. Could have told them, but who was going to listen to me? LOL!I

I had a lot of replies in my head but they are flying away out of my brain. Thank you all for your interesting posts. Off to bed now, after enjoying watching the ladies gymnastics at the Olympics: they are so flexible!! Hope to sleep better than last night when I was too hot so tossed around a little.

Thank you all for your company.