Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 23 June 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a good week.

The full moon, the "Strawberry Moon", was beautiful here last night. Very large and a lovely orange color. I don't have much else to report. The scorching heat and high humidity have kept me indoors all week, except for an uncomfortable trip to the grocery store. 

Love and hugs to all. I'm so sorry for all of you facing tough challenges.

• AQ - that is so distressing for you and I am so very sorry. Sending big hugs. 

• AQ - that is so distressing and worrying. I didn’t realise your OH had deteriorated so much. It must have been awful for you all. My friend’s partner had similar symptoms with his Parkinson’s but, to my knowledge, he never went wandering. She was able to have carers in the morning to help him get showered and some respite as one of his relatives would look after him for a week from time to time. I hope now that something can be put in place to help you. It sounds to me as if you have done really well up to now. 

• Oh AQ  BIG HUGS, Bless you,

Thank goodness Respite, being arranged, do hope it will assist, as you have certainly been marvellous in his care on your own.It is so soul destroying, when you have to witness,his decline.

Life is so cruel.Do try with your families help,to grab a rest when you can.

• AQ - I'm so sorry to hear your news.  Such a worry for you.  I do hope that after this you will be able to get some respite care for your OH, and that you will be able to have some time for yourself.  

Lindy - Hope the results for your OH are good, and that you don't have to wait too much longer.  A few days in Wales sounds like a very sensible idea - getting away from home is often a good thing to do, giving you a chance to put everything into perspective.  Hope the weather is good for you.

I am now in a hotel in Leeds, where I am attending the annual Methodist Conference.  Had fun getting here ... went to visit the ospreys at Manton Bay on Tuesday, which was a real joy.  Then visited friends in Lincolnshire for a couple of days - which included a visit to Mablethorpe and a paddle in the North Sea.  Now I'm here until Wednesday afternoon - it will be far from a 'jolly', with some very long days and plenty of hard work ahead.  But hopefully catching up with old friends as well.  I really need to make a bit more headway with reading the 760 pages of Agenda ... I've probably read about a quarter!  It makes life so much easier having read everything - but not sure my brain can absorb that much.  And, of course, being a proof-reader I spot all the spelling and punctuation errors - which makes concentrating on the content even more challenging!

Have a good weekend, everyone.  Hope it's not raininf where you are - it is in Leeds!

•  AQ,   I am also sorry to read about your distressing news. You seem to have been coping very well with a difficult situation, but now it has become too much to manage on your own. I hope you can get some good respite care for your OH, and have some time for yourself. Sending warm wishes. It is good that you have some family not too far away, who hopefully can be of some help and support.

Lindy,  Enjoy your time in Wales. At least you have a date for something to happen. I hope all goes well.

• AQ  So hard for you both, you have such a lot to contend with.

• RUSTY  How lovely that your niece rescues the hens and ensures they have a happy life.  A friend has hens, can't remember all their names but 2 are called Pearl and Blossom which does make me smile.  she tells us how they gather their skirts up and go running to greet  her when she goes out to feed them.

• Phew – awful day, and still no definite diagnosis for J!  More later.

LINDA – hope nothing delays your OH’s upcoming procedure.  Have you yet told your boys that their father is unwell?

AQ – sounds like something positive for you will come out of this negative week!  Glad S-i-L # 1 could help – I thought he lived much further away from you.

PAT – I hope you will get some recreational time – I know such conferences can be very demanding.

So, about our day – the modified version without the swearywords!  Spent the morning on phone waiting for help from NHS24 (aka 11).  Got J an appt at 3pm in a consulting room at DGRI – part of the emergency cover team.  J had even stopped drinking because it hurt to swallow.  I think the best part of result was reassurance that it is not a throat cancer.  He still only has two sorts of painkillers (no anti-inflammatories this time), they are contacting GP and he is to see GP Monday for them to arrange an ultrasound – they think he has a salivary gland stone – sounds painful.  They told him he should be able to enjoy his birthday lunch tomorrow!