Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 19 May 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON! 

The moon turns full on Thursday in the UK and the US.

I saw my first Ruby-Throated Hummingbird of the year today. He will probably stay around. I have a towering old locust tree behind my house on the creek levee. Growing on the tree is an old-fashioned wild trumpet flower vine with red-orange flowers. The hummingbirds love those blossoms. A pair stay for the summer every year.

I hope everyone has a good week. Love and hugs to all.

• Hi everyone, not been on for a while but thank you to Diane who always manages to start off a new week.   Hope the hummingbirds stay.

OG, sorry to hear you are not quite yourself but let's hope they can get to the bottom of what the problem is.   

Its been Moulton Festival week (a neighbouring village) and culminated in festival saturday and sunday.  All sorts of things going on, Morris men/women, flower festival at our local Baptist and a Festival Cafe in the Parish church.   Went over on the Sat and took my mini scooter, a big mistake, the pocket park was crowded and I got into some difficulty needless to say  I had an accident and shot down an embankment and came off my scooter.  Gave my dau and self quite a scare but everyone rallied round and was back on my feet and on the scooter quite quickly. However am now sporting bruises down my right thigh and a big bruise on my left knee. A bit achy but it will pass.

Lindy. sorry to hear about your OH's health problems but to me it is better if you can talk about it and allow people you want to know as and when appropriate. Hope the scans bear a good result.   I only wish my OH would have talked, that was his one fault, never really let on how ill he was until, well, you know the story.   Thoughts will be with you as you await the results.

We have the Cricket Clubs annual beer festival coming up next month, something to really look forward to as a Hog roast is put on and all sorts of guest beers etc to try.

Take care all.

• Lynette - That sounds very scary. Hope the bruises go down soon, but at least you didnt break anything, it could have been nasty.

A beautiful day here. We were hoping to go shopping to restock the freezer, as I defrosted the big one at the weekend, but its really too nice to sit in the car. I'll get a bit of gardening done instead, and pay some bills.

• Lovely Lindybird!  Thanks for sharing.  Enoy the gardening.  It can be so soothing.

Lynette:  Gosh, sounds like your gathering was more exciting than expected.  Maybe the organizer will consider scooter accessibility next time round.

Hallo to everyone else!

• Lindy - you have such a lovely garden.

Lynnette - what an awful thing to happen. You must have been so shocked. Glad you were not hurt too badly.

I have finished cleaning the house and have cut the grass again as it is supposed to rain for the next 2 days. I can concentrate on getting myself ready for my holiday now.

This different iris came out today. Such a beautiful deep shade.

• Looks like bjane is in the crosshairs of very nasty weather tonight.....

• Yup, ANNETTE, I hope BJANE will be okay. UK FOLKS, western and central Iowa were hit with multiple tornadoes during savage storms. Wishing you safety, BJANE.

• Annette and Diane - I have just seen a report on the tornadoes on the TV. It looks nasty. I hope Bjane is ok too 

• It should be warmer tonight - predicted min 5 C. Last night was down to 3 C but I was snug beneath my duna. It has been a long cold day, max 15 C. Still no rain - I don't count the 0.2 mm that fell on Monday after 29 dry days.