GLASLYN 2024 - May to end of season

March/April 2024 thread

All pictures and videos ©️BywydGwylltGlaslynWildlife

Aran & Elen

After a slightly dodgy start, when Elen went AWOL when she found that Aran hadn't arrived, and he therefore had a brief flirtation with Blue372 (of whom much more in the Llyn Brenig thread), this couple's second season together is turning out to be a great success.  Elen has survived the attentions of an aggressive Tawny Owl and has produced 3 eggs, one more than last season, and Aran has continued to be the great provider we are accustomed to.

22 April @ 18:08

25 April @ 12:44

28 April @ 08:07

All 3 juvies on the nest this morning - 6M7 was the most agitated:

Cams have been back up for over an hour at least.

CHAT

1:23 PMCatkins​​Thank you BGGW for sorting out the problem. Much appreciated.

1:25 PMCatkins​​For info 12.10.41 Aran brings in a trout! 6M8 gets a nice lunch

1:27 PMcinders​​welcome back BGGW

1:28 PMCatkins​​Hello cinders

1:31 PMHawk Z​​And we're back!

1:35 PMCatkins​​Hello Hawk

1:36 PMDaisey Dulas​​Many Thanks BGGW

1:51 PMHawk Z​​Hi Catkins !!

2:28 PMCatkins​​6M9 to the nest 1425 roughly, seen on LS1

2:31 PMCatkins​​1430 whoever was in the tree, left

2:32 PMCatkins​​14.31.28 Osprey flew right to left

2:32 PMCatkins​​And back

2:34 PMCatkins​​14.33. 2 ospreys in tree

2:49 PMGail Edgley​​14:46 headless trout to 6M8

2:51 PMGail Edgley​​14:47 6M9 to perch

Oh dear, I missed the end of the Osprey family's super season.

Here's some overnight weather from the 12/13th, it was like it all night:

And here was a distant Osprey on the 16th - I've only just found it while doing a massive catchup, so have no idea what was reported at the time.  It was onscreen for about 50 minutes:

17 September

Looks to me like that Osprey might be Aran - it wouldn't be unknown for him to still be here:

I've got more to do but need to pack up.  Maybe we'll see him again, and closer!

17 September

??? Buzzard missed its target?

19 September

Tried to up the geese's voices but the background noise was too loud and too constant:

Haha, what have we here? it asked:

20 September

This was the best view of the 4 swans, only held for a very few seconds:

21 September

The heron and the egret are often in the same space in the evenings:

I've just stopped the Glaslyn downloads, gotta clear the decks a bit for the Sydney peregrines, hopefully.

• Well, I've enjoyed all these videos and snaps. The geese were amazingly good , just a shame they landed behind those glorious autumn trees. The Bussard caught prey quite clearly. Whatever it was dangled from its talon.The night time flight of the swan looked amazing and, of course the capture of the  four together, so beautiful amongst the autumn trees overhanging the river. The Heron looked a bit 'smug' I thought - it's the way they stalk through the water        Smirk

Cirrus said:
    The Bussard caught prey quite clearly.

I couldn't see it for the lilfe of me - thanks for the clarification!

BTW - checking the video, I noticed that the snap under "Haha what have we here" was missing - so have added it - the sentence made no sense without it Upside down

________

• Thanks for not remarking on my egregious typo    !  !    !-