LOCH GARTEN - April 2024

(I am starting a new thread for April because, for sad personal reasons, Korky cannot be with us until further notice so the March title cannot be edited.)

Please read Korky's comprehensive March 2024 intro.

Asha and Brodie

Last year they arrived on 04 and 14 April respectively.

The end of the 2023 season was marred by the aggressive intrusion of BlueKL5 "Klive" (thank you, Fergus).  We have no idea if the 2 youngsters were fit to migrate.

We haven't heard anything from HQ but it appears that the cams are not quite ready, despite snaps being posted to Facebook 10 days ago together with a query about the lack of IR for the third year in a row - and the streaming is unsteady and unreliable.  When LG issued a warning about a delay to the opening of the season, it seemed to refer only to the Visitor Centre.

The PTZ now

Quote RSPB YT Channel: When the Loch Garten Nature Centre opens on April 15th, this camera is controlled by the centre staff during work hours, so please be gracious if you find it staring at an empty tree! The birds react quicker than the staff are sometimes able.

IMAGICAT

• Big one!!  

Asha taking it to a tree to eat:

OMG, and now we've both been BOPS'd, EJFan !!!

If y'all don't go back and read the last 2 posts on the previous page I'm never speaking to anyone ever again Rage

scylla said:
    There's been a serious system failure on this thread!  I just came here and was greeted with PAGE NOT FOUND, then after trying to go back a page via browser < arrow, another blank page with apology "we son't know what happened".  I think there were 3 blank pages with failure messages on them.

I reposted all the snaps, it takes (me) ages on this new system even tho they've improved it.

IMAGICAT

• Make incubating and at 17:36 alarm calling 

• Wow Scylla! I also got the message page not found.. looks like you lost far more posts than my rather insignificant one! No doubt you will get a humble apology from RSPB.

• If y'all don't go back and read the last 2 posts on the previous page I'm never speaking to anyone ever again

I've caught up with you Scylla but simply cannot understand what could have happened ... didn't get any 'page not found' messages this morning but just now cannot go back to last two pages, have to Persevere back three and then forward again ... crazy system, you must be spittin' bluddPersevereTired face

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Scylla puts her heart and soul into keeping many threads up to date with amazing summaries and videos. She deserves a personal apology in my view.

Thank you for sympathy, WENDY - yes, bludddd!... and thank you for somewhat over-generous tribute, EJFan, espcially this season Laughing

I intend to do a video of Asha's morning travails with intruding Ospreys and pestering pesky Ravens (thanks to SHEILA's guidance) but can't until much later.

IMAGICAT

• I feel for you Scylla.  It totally sucks when the technology screws up after you have put lots of effort into things.  I looked at all the snaps you posted on the previous page.  Thank you for reposting.  

• Does anyone have any idea what kind of fish that was?  

• Sorry to read about your troubles Scylla, EJFan, Wendy on this thread. I am able to move forward and backward on the pages, with no problems and have not had that, page not found message either? I have, on other threads, had that pain, where you have to forward more than one page, as it would not take you to the next page!

Glad that his nibbs is back, that was a wee bit of a worry, and now she has had fish, so all is good.

Moan, I wish they would resize the reply box and print size...... Rage

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.