Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 18 February 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a good week.

I left a long post about the format change at the end of last week's thread. It may or may not answer some questions. I was just trying to help.

My area had a big snowstorm yesterday. My patch got 6 inches of drifting snow and ice. I felt sorry for the male red cardinal. He huddled under his old nest at the end of my enclosed porch. Poor fella had ice in his feathers. He was all fluffed up trying to stay warm. I fought the urge to let him in for awhile.

Love and hugs to everyone!

• So the main link to the Weekly Chat page shows (as I type) the most recent post from dibnlib - one hour ago, but the last post was from Rusty.  Dibnlib's response to OG re a social worker for J was way back under OG's post, which OG made 21 hours ago, then  you have to click on View More to get to the latest 'new' post from Rusty, which was 7 hours ago.   I'm not much good at time travel...

• I'm reading but it's like Groundhog Day - I've come across some posts about four times, then missed some altogether!! Glad to find the one where OG gives us an update -- do hope that the recent help is going to be helpful!

We had to rise really early today, as we had a call last night to say that the people coming to take our furniture from us for charity, were coming at 7.00am! Thankfully we had prepared the day before, and they just cheerfully lugged it out into a van. Now we're sitting on garden chairs and waiting for the new carpet to be put in on Monday. Meanwhile, my OH is taking up the old carpet on Friday...... It's all go - he'll have to paint the bits of the room he missed before Christmas as well! Hope that makes sense. Blustery wet weather here.

• I am. But do not have time to decipher the muddled posts.

• OG - I forgot to congratulate you on finishing the magazine early. I hope J found the social worker’s visit helpful.

Lindy - good luck with the taking up of the old carpet and the laying of the new one. How long will you have to sit in your garden chairs for? It can’t be very comfortable. 

AQ - I agree that it takes some determination to read through all the comments. As you say, they are very muddled. That’s why I am persevering with clicking “reply” after Diane’s first post of the week. 

I have been birdwatching on the Dee estuary again today. On this particular stretch we walk along by the saltmarsh. It is very exposed. Guess what? It rained for the whole morning. I now have all my waterproof gear draped around to dry!! However, it was very enjoyable and we saw lots. Naturally, we finished with lunch! A mug of tea and a sausage bap for me!! 

• Prime example:  AQ:  You are what?  Good at time travel? (my previous post?)   Or just 'I am here?'   Don't bother trying to respond.....

• I just understood AQ to mean.  " I exist".  Same here! 

• I see I am time travelling. I did not see Rusty's post before I replied to Annette. I wonder where this will end up? 

• E-E went down to the church last evening to print the postal and in-person magazines and I have just sent off the email copies (the large majority have it this way now).

J was very positive about his meeting yesterday and this morning went to do some voluntary work at Kate's Kitchen drop-in.

We went shopping at M&S and had lunch there - cafe has got smaller than before and not so appetising.  We were home in time for my shower, so I feel I have already had a very busy day.  We have rearranged the domestic schedule again after deciding the previous experiment was not successful.  What we really need is an extra day in the week!  Such a lovely sunny spring day here today.

LINDA: I hope you will soon be enjoying the new-look with carpets and furniture - although I suppose you will actually be spending more time in the garden now!

• OG - Lucky you with sunshine.  It's been raining pretty hard all day here, so I am imagining floods again when I go out tomorrow.  Bah!!!  Glad J was able to do some voluntary work - definitely helps to keep the wheels turning.

I wonder where this will turn up???  I'm so fed up with being taken back to way up the thread every time I check in.  None of us has time to try to work the vaguaries of this so-called upgrade.  Perhaps chronological is not a word in the vocabulary of web designers ... 

• Just saw a post from SunnyKate to Diane that was posted two days ago.  Admittedly, it wasn't in response to anything I said, but it's always been nice to see other folks pop in even if the post isn't intended for all....