Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 18 February 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a good week.

I left a long post about the format change at the end of last week's thread. It may or may not answer some questions. I was just trying to help.

My area had a big snowstorm yesterday. My patch got 6 inches of drifting snow and ice. I felt sorry for the male red cardinal. He huddled under his old nest at the end of my enclosed porch. Poor fella had ice in his feathers. He was all fluffed up trying to stay warm. I fought the urge to let him in for awhile.

Love and hugs to everyone!

• It has landed in the place you intended Rusty, in chronological order!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• I did the same as Rusty, but when I've missed a few days and want to respond to one or more people who've posted during that time, I gather I have to go to the first page then click on multiple "view more" bits because there doesn't seem to be a way to go backwards from the most recent posts as there was when we had page numbers.  Then if you want to respond to multiple past posts, you have to type your replies under the first Reply for each week to get it to the end of the thread.  It's too darn fiddly and not user friendly.   I guess I'm just being whiny, but I have so little spare time and again - if it isn't broke......

• I do so agree, Annette.  I don't have much spare time either, and don't want to faff around going back to the beginning.  Not so bad on Monday, but it's a long way back by Friday!!

• You can go backwards Annette as when there are many posts the 'vew more' buttons work both ways ... agree though that it's an unasked for faff ... hopefully changes will be made after rspb have digested all the responses ... was quite telling that another poster was able to provide photographic evidence that these changes were exactly the same as the upgrade 5 years ago and amendments were made then to our advantage! Fingers crossed

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Just had an acknowledgement from rspb ...

OfficialRSPB in reply to
    Hi WendyBartter - I am capturing all issues and am raising them with the relevant teams. There are a few threads that I'm getting information on so please do bear with me while I collate all of the information, but please be rest assured that I am capturing the issues and raising them.

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Yes - please bring back numbered pages!

And put them top and bottom of each page so you don't have to scroll to the bottom to turn to the next page.

Please...

• Good point Geemeff, will raise that with rspb!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Page numbers at both top and bottom doesn't seem too much to ask ...

• I keep seeing people pointing out problems that are milling around in my head - this is one of them, and I hope you have posted or will post it in the Upcoming Changes thread:

Say you had a thread with 200 pages. One could jump directly to say page 75. Now you will have to scroll down 75 pages. Horrible. 

Also, GEEMEFF's request that, when numbered pages are restored, we have the numbers top as well as bottom.

Do we still have to refresh to get further updates, or will it happen automatically?

I've noticed that my posts have sometimes disappeared when I've left them open to keep adding pics/vids, so I think there's an auto-refresh going on.  Not sure.

IMAGICAT

• Scylla, I have requested reinstatement of page numbers a couple of times and the addition of these page numbers at both top and bottom of pages ... now we wait to see??

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr