Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 7 January 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a good week.

I am home from Indianapolis. On the morning of January 1, my friend and I saw a powerful, large hawk sitting in a tree on her property. It must have been a female. As we watched, she slowly took flight. My friend and I considered the sighting a good sign, since we saw her on the first day of the new year.

Hugs to all of you!

• Where is everyone? Lindy - are you having problems posting again? I am at home today doing chores!!! It is dry and dull and I am going to attempt to hang the washing out and see what happens. No other news!
  • Hello Rusty. Testing if I can post.
    Have just been downstairs drinking coffee in the communal area, talking about items to discuss in our next meeting with management. The conclusion was that we require a further gathering including those not present, with a bottle of wine to work out the priorities!
  • Rusty - You must be a nice and a popular person to be chatted to so extensively! How lovely to spend a morning like that. Only the other day, I was thinking that I so rarely meet old friends in the shops here, now. Some have moved away, some have sadly, died, some have just disappeared. I used to meet other "mums" who we had 1st met at the school gates when our children were small. Or old neighbours or friends from way back. But it's getting rarer that I have a good old chat.

Annette - Yes, the gentleman who died (I describe him thus because he was, indeed a gentleman) was very involved in the sports world and taught in a public school - hundreds of people had benefitted from his knowledge, experience, encouragement and wisdom. He'd lived to mid 80s so it was as you say, a long life, well lived.

• My OH has been unusually tired. He is daily frustrated by finding that he can't do as much as he used to, now he is ageing, but although we have a conversation at least twice a year about his giving up the allotment, I always have to end up saying that he must go on doing what he does as long as he feels able, and can enjoy it. He is growing things there far less now, to make it less work. We did not have our own sprouts for Christmas this time!

Rusty - No, no problems posting this time. The Day just seems to keep getting away from me!

• Lovely RUSTY. passing the time of day with friends whether planned or unplanned is always such a delight.
  • Morning all I'm here! Reading and clicking 'like' but still a bit busy. Condo project is coalescing; now it's just a question of getting things installed and hoping nothing got destroyed en route. Was there at crack of dawn yesterday for appliance delivery. Next week includes final measurements for countertop plus electrical work, and new windows must be due any time. Have had two almost--normal afternoons this week and puttered about with desk work. Granddaughter told her closest colleagues yesterday that she was leaving but won't give official notice until the higher-ups have approved wage increases and additional training protocols that she's been fighting for She's afraid they'll put everything on the back burner if she's not there to keep prodding.

So have been reading posts and vicariously enjoying Rusty's various meals out. Wish they had an 'agreeable' pill for AQ's OH so he'd go along with various medical advice. Also wondering how OG is doing - a bit concerned for her and the family - and wondering how long Heather will be in hospital. Gawd! Eight weeks. Assume he family is visiting often and that someone is keeping an eye on her house.

Hugs to all.