Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 7 January 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a good week.

I am home from Indianapolis. On the morning of January 1, my friend and I saw a powerful, large hawk sitting in a tree on her property. It must have been a female. As we watched, she slowly took flight. My friend and I considered the sighting a good sign, since we saw her on the first day of the new year.

Hugs to all of you!

• Evening all:

Diane: Stay warm in your little house!

Lindybird: I too think of Heather and hope she has some idea of when she might go home. Also that OG and family are ok - maybe OG is lurking? Re your quote, my OH 's idea of exercise is a brisk sit on the couch. :-) Though it seems like that may not be as true as before.

Stay well everyone.
  • Sign on office wall:
    Staff need no further physical fitness training. Everyone gets enough exercise jumping to conclusions, beating around the bush, running down the boss, going around in circles, dragging their feet, dodging responsibility, passing the buck,

I get enough exercise following up OH. Last evening’s event – He went out at dusk to turn off the hose he had running on a patch of lawn (difficult spot for sprinkler). After he returned, I checked if he had locked security screen door and inner door. Yes. This morn when he fetched the paper (a rare occurrence now), he found hose still running. Oh la la the water bill. It’s only money.

Grab rails installed in our shower & bathroom. I don’t know if they are any use to him as he hasn’t showered since, er let’s forget that thought. The rail in shower is conveniently at my elbow height and nor where I would grab if needed. His weighted cutlery is now packed away after a week’s trial – handles too thick for him. I may phone when time to ask if they have weighted cutlery for people with small hands, but when do I get time to hang on the phone. . .  Sorry for the rant.

• Oh AQ, that must be so frustrating. You can't even take a shower without whacking your elbow on the grab bar! Maybe next time OH leaves the hose on, have him take a shower in the garden? Any chance an occupational therapist could persuade him? Perhaps he's afraid of falling? Meanwhile, I've never heard of weighted cutlery.....
  • ANNETTE - Any mention of Occ Therapist puts him in a bad mood. It is the medicos who are worried about him falling. He hardly ever does (it's been several months since the last). Weighted cutlery helps minimize tremors. Here is a photo with a matchbox for size.

• RUSTY Thank you, it is always lovely to meet up with my friend. Tonight we are off to Eden Court for The Viennese Gala night. Definitely worth going out on a cold damp evening for this.
  • like others I am concerned for Heather. Hope things move froward for her.
  • Hello all
    I'm here, spending my eighth week in hospital ! It's like Groundhog Day here. No mention of discharge :-(
    Thanks for thinking about me,it is much appreciated.
    I can't type fast as using the wrong hand but getting better at it.
    I read all your posts and enjoy them all !
    I
  • Heather - lovely to see you but 8 weeks in hospital!!! Oh dear. I do hope they are doing physio and rehab with you. Thinking of you and sending hugs. Keep going! You will get there.
  • Heather - So sorry to hear you are still in hospital. Not a lot of fun for you. Sending prayers, healing thoughts and hugs winging their way north to you. and hoping you will be able to get home soon,
  • Heather: Are you getting any sleep in the hospital? If not, can you listen to the BBC World Service? Hugs and more hugs from here.....