Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 24 December 2023

HAPPY CHRISTMAS 

To All Who Celebrate

I hope you all enjoy the holidays.

Santa will need a good GPS system on his sleigh when he arrives here. The temperature is soaring and likely to be 60F or 15.5C or higher tomorrow. So strange for us. The soaring temp has created VERY dense fog rolling through the woods and fields. I just saw a massive white-tailed deer buck in the bean field across the highway. He looked quite surreal bounding through the heavy fog and mist. 

Love and hugs to all.

• I have had a lovely day, which sort of got made up as it went along. A friend and I had planned a day out, probably to the coast, but the forecast was very heavy rain so we decided the coast probably wasn't a good idea. We went to a National Trust property in Sevenoaks, Knole. When we got there it was raining - so we had a hot drink in the car (always prepared, me!!) and by the time we had finished the rain had stopped. Had a long walk in the grounds - although I've been to Knole many times, we found places I had never seen before. As we got towards the end the rain started again. So we decided to go up the tower - 77 circular stone steps, which certainly got the lungs working! We looked at the views for a while, then made our way down, via a couple of 'tower rooms', one a music room. Apparently they had managed to get a baby grand piano up there in the past - up those spiral steps? How?!?!? We then looked at the conservation room - fascinating. Then back to the car for a picnic lunch, and a mince pie. Then the drive home, via Bough Beech reservoir - never seen it so full, but no birds ... too much wind and too much water! A really lovely day, and a few unused muscles have made themselves known! The high winds are certainly happening, but I'm now tucked up warm and dry with no intention of going anywhere until the morning.