Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 26 November 2023

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope you all have a good week.

Monday morning (the 27th) is the full moon in the UK and US. 

It's cold here, and we have snow coming in the morning. The red-bellied woodpecker drilled on the frame of my bedroom window early today. I hadn't seen him for awhile. He didn't stay long. I think he just wondered if I'm still in here. LOL

Hugs to all.

• Good morning from a very cold and frosty Suffolk. I woke to snow yesterday that stayed around all day. The roads turned to slush but thenby 4pm had frozen again, so very dangerous.

I hadbooked a slot at the recycling centre but moved it to today as I didn't want to drive.

AQ - my Sister is going through something similar with her husband. He is in early stages of dementia in addition to suffering for 30 years from type 1 diabetes and ignores almost all advice from the doctors and nurses. It is very frustrating as my Sister is very social and has lots of friends and likes to get out and about but all he wants to do is go to the pub at lunchtime and sit and watch tv. Do try and find a support group as suggested as talking with people in the same position can be very helpful.

Well I am going to venture out on foot and see what the main roads are like.

Have a good weekend all.

• Temperature bitterly cold all day, hovering between minus 1 and plus 1. I took a friend to the station this morning and have just got back after picking her up again. The train was late - I was sitting in the car - so I'm now cold! I guess she was lucky the trains were running at all ...Keep warm, everyone ...

AQ - So sorry to hear about the difficulties with your OH. Such a shame he doesn't realise people are trying to help. As Harelady says, the support groups are very good ... they've probably seen everything in the past and have found ways to get around pretty much every eventuality.

Can't believe we are in December. Whatever happened to this year?!?!?
  • We all woke up late this morning – I had been awake earlier with serious congestion in my nose and throat. How long is a cold supposed to go on? Isn’t six weeks enough? It was snowing, but only very lightly and on and off for about one hour. Most has cleared today, but not in the darker places, and none of that lovely sunshine today, so max was about 1.5 degrees. Been wrapping presents for the three wee ones – note to self: will have to send cheques or gift cards next year – this is too much effort!

AQ – sorry you are having so much difficulty with your patient – my suggestion would also be to try joining a group, at least you would have others who understand, but I don’t know how to achieve anything on a practical level. Well done for helping raise your three bookworms!

HARELADY – I hope your venturing out today to test the pavements and then to the recycling centre was successful and safe.

PAT – good of you to transport your friend in this weather – I expect she was warmer on the train than you were waiting at the station!

Expecting a quiet evening – just remembered it is Saturday so will watch Strictly.
  • We are back again after a day with our Youngest & family, plus our opposite numbers - in laws - who all turned up to wish Tomasz a Happy 13th birthday. We had a salad & my sausage rolls, warmed up, which was most welcome, together with a delicious chocolate birthday cake.

We had a good run south on the motorway, although we encountered some light fog. The trees near Birmingham looked like Christmas cards but it was not snow!! It was a heavy frost!! We also had a minor drama which l'll relate tomorrow. Too tired now.

AQ - The advice proferred sounds sensible. Around here, we have Dementia Groups and Diabetes Groups, etc where everyone shares knowledge and advice, plus of course, mutual support. {{HUGS}}
  • A spider's web which caught my eye when taking Bonnie for a quick walk in the park. The frost shows up nature's beauty.

Rosy- So glad to hear that you and the ladies have been putting the world to rights - it certainly needs some help.

AQ -- You are right to be proud of your little bookworms. Their love of reading will stand them in good stead for the rest of their lives.