Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 19 November 2023

HAPPY NEW WEEK 

I hope you all have a good week!

The National Weather Service has announced that the US will have a very strong El Nino winter. For the Midwest, that means a warmer and dryer season. Dang, I hope so. 

Right now, I have a fishing spider in my dining room and another one in my living room. Each is the size of my hand! They're happily eating the last of the summer gnats. We had an even bigger than normal population of gnats, mosquitoes, and biting flies this year. I'm letting the spiders enjoy them. They'll go hibernate under the house when they're finished. LOL 

Happy Thanksgiving or whatever you celebrate to Annette and bjane.

Hugs to all.

• Sorry, I seem to have missed you out again- its been "all go" here. My poor OH had to go over some bits of painted wall which looked shadowy but at last it seems finished. Its a difficult room as it doesn't get much sun and is facing north. I began to worry about him as he got stressed over finishing it. No question of paying someone else to do it as he still feels capable, but he's 80 soon! I don't like him going up ladders and I don't think he'll admit that he doesn't either! Anyway, we put some of the furniture back and tomorrow will put the pictures back on the walls - in January we'll get a new carpet.

Rusty, well done on what sounds to me to be pretty sophisticated French. Your cactus is glorious! What a joy.

AQ - At least the weeding was easier. Sorry your OH isn't open to having much help- I'm sure it would help you even more than him.

Annette- The old TV burst into life this morning as if nothing wrong, just when I'd decided on a new model! Of course, my OH said he's not happy to order another "until this one dies" as he reluctant to spend on a new one. He might regret it as he often watches sport on it and it might just give out on a vital moment LOL!!
  • I haven't forgotten that I'd only just begun my travelogue- I promise I'll get back to it tomorrow.