Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 22 October 2023

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a great week!

• Thank you DIANE. I could do with a good week!

This one has bill-paying, Physio appt and tomorrow our water supply is being "improved"- again. It means we have no water from 9 am to 6 pm. I shall fill kettle, jugs and a bucket and hope that OH remembers not to turn on any taps.

• Famous' Post it's' ,comes to mind. But then again, OH might just remove Doh!! Bless you.

• aquilareen said:
    It means we have no water from 9 am to 6 pm. I shall fill kettle, jugs and a bucket and hope that OH remembers not to turn on any taps.

Bloody hell.  It had better be improved for you all to have to do this.  What a nightmare.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Thanks to Diane for starting us off again.

Sorry you're having a rotten spell, AQ. Hang on in there!!

I awoke to a "Personal Message" from this person..

Apparently, he was writing from California and urgently needs my help in distributing 80 million pounds which his grandmother left him, to orphanages in Europe and beyond ......... I expect if I responded he would need my bank details, LOL!!  

• I strongly suspect the real person would tell you to do no such thing. Not clever of the scammers to try to use him - and very unfair on him at the same time.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• you too Diane. There's sunshine here today and it's supposed to be dry so I shall take myself off to my local countryside and take in the green and nature and see whether my body can take five or maybe seven miles (weather permitting) . Definitely gaiter weather though to protect my walking trousers  - easier to wash too. saw a fyocs of  redwings  during my ways yast wees

seyboard perverse  -  grrrrrrrrrr won't type correctyy

• Early morning and the river is back behind its banks on the golf course. The greenkeepers are out cleaning up. The new drainage installed after the 2000 floods has worked! Hooray.

Thank you for starting us off Diane. I am off to a friends with a plant she wants to take cuttings from (I don’t know how to do it!!!) 

• Clare -- I got the message because I go on the awful sites on Facebook which show MeGain Markle and are full of adoring fans from around the world, who evidently dont use their common sense to know that a) The sites are probably put out by her staff to try and garner support, and b) She never reads their sickly messages.

It's bright & sunny here and we're going to put in 3 new bare root peonies ready for next year. Sadly, they can take as long as 3 years to settle in and actually have flowers on them, but you have to "travel hopefully."

I hope all those who have been suffering the bad weather & flooding in the UK are now recovering.
  • DIANE Thank you for starting our week.

Sorry so many people have had dreadful weather. It didn't stop raining here yesterday but today we woke up to a lovely day though a little nippy.
  • Lovely sunny day again! Thanks to DIANE for starting our week.

AQ – hope the water switch off (and back on) goes smoothly.

LINDA – a scam? Don’t pay a penny!

RUSTY – that was quick! Glad the river is back where it belongs.

A good service at church this morning, with an excellent sermon.