Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 3 September 2023

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Everyone have a good week. Enjoy the last vestiges of summer! (Winter for AQ.)

Happy Labor Day to Annette and bjane.

• DIBNLIB - sorry about Erica's sky-dive; I hope it can be rearranged as she is so brave to try such daring feats!
  • OG - Amy has her degree and got a post in the neonatal intensive care unit at Raigmore. She will start very soon.
  • Thanks OG. It will be rescheduled.
  • HEATHER That is great news about Amy, very well done to her.
  • It's been bright and sunny here: we went to the Scouts event and my OH couldn't resist buying a second hand electric lawnmower at a bargain price. He plugged it in when we got it home and it does spring into life, but not sure if it will cut the grass efficiently! Will have to wait and see......

OG - pleased to know that J felt up to going to church and also taking part.

Heather - Well done to Amy, let's hope she enjoys her new role. You seem to have a tradition of nursing in your family.
  • Some more quotes for you:

I have never hated a man enough to give him his diamonds back.
    Zsa Zsa Gabor.

The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending; and to have the two as close together as possible.
    George Burns.
  • Lindy - I probably won't use first one ... I will have to think carefully about the second one. It's never a good idea to criticise the preacher :)
  • Limpy and I had a lovely afternoon at RSPB Titchwell this afternoon and between us we've uploaded more than 1,700 photos to the computer. Phew. That'll take some going through.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Clare - Titchwell - we went there several times during my birding trip to Norfolk last month. What a great reserve. I can imagine you taking a lot of photos. I look forward to seeing them.
    Heather - you must be very proud of Amy. I hope she does well in her job and enjoys it.
    OG - good news that J was up to participating in his church service. I hope some jobs got done in your garden.
    I have had a very quiet day. I had a 90 minute phone call with my holiday friend. She seems to be over the covid better than me. She has been out and about a lot more.
    On the recommendation of a birding friend, since returning from Scotland, I have read a book called Callanish by William Horwood about a golden eagle which is captured and kept in London Zoo. It turned out to be a very uplifting read in the end although I was very troubled at the beginning. I had a get a 2nd hand copy on Amazon as it appears to be out of print.
  • This week for us in the British Isles is proper summer Diane. We've had Autumn for weeks ! but I blame HAARP for that  - 'they' even tried to fool us by giving us an  Aurora Borealis  in Cornwall (southern coast ( and Wales) - all nonsense of course.

Happy labor day to you Diane. Hope your garden (yard) is doing  well this year.