Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 3 September 2023

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Everyone have a good week. Enjoy the last vestiges of summer! (Winter for AQ.)

Happy Labor Day to Annette and bjane.

• Dibnlib - I hope the long wait for you is coming to an end, in ending the problems of your brothers affairs

Rusty - Very interesting descriptions and photos. I love those old stone circles, which seem to crop up all over the UK. Wonder if their mystery will ever be solved?

I meant to come on here today but have been too busy and too hot! apart from writing my earlier post. Meant to do some ironing but couldn't face getting the iron out in this heat.
  • RUSTY – Thank you for more Hebridean Saga. I saw the stone circles on the Orkneys and I agree that photos do not convey the atmosphere, the breeze blowing, the sun peeping between the clouds, the distant birdsong. But I am glad to see your photos.

After a few days of sunshine, it is raining, quite heavily, this morn.

• dibnlib: Gosh, that business re your bro has been going on for ages. Do you think a resolution is in sight?

A hectic day and it looks like tomorrow will be the same, plus granddaughter and Ms. D will be arriving in the p.m. Am girding my loins.....
  • For those asking. My brother was due in court on Friday but only for a guilty or not guilty plea. He didn't turn up.........not sure if that may have been an admin error. The fiscals office were in contact with me on Thursday to tell me they need a statement from me. OH gave a statement way back in July 2020 and we hoped that would be enough. It is all a bit of a mystery how much we are told but at least things are progressing now though a final outcome may be months away yet. Covid has left the court system in a dire strait.
  • Dibnlib : Just prolonging things for you, then. How dreadful. My sympathies.

Good Morning. We awoke to rain, but its just a slight shower which was predicted - it will soon burn off as the hot sun returns once more. Just a little sunshine would have been nice, but we seem to get extremes now.

Annette: You sound busy again- try to pace yourself!!
  • Dibnlib - so sorry to hear that the issue with your brother is dragging on for so long. It must be there in the back of your mind all the time.
    AQ and Lindy - glad you are enjoying my Hebridean saga. I think there might be 2 episodes left!!!
    Annette - don’t over do things. It will be nice to see family though.
    The sun has never broken through here today. It has just been horridly hot and humid. This morning I was in the air conditioned space of a huge Marks and Spencers store not far away. I bought some treats in the food hall and then managed to find 2 pairs of winter trousers. To my horror I have gone up a size. I thought I might have. Oh dear!!! I will have to cut out some things and take myself in hand. This afternoon I went to see a friend who is facing a big operation in a couple of weeks. The irony of it all is that she doesn’t feel ill. She walks miles and seems to be very fit.
  • Thanks Rusty, you are right, in fact it has been on my mind since 2007 when I first knew he had Power of Attorney and hadn't had the decency to discuss it with me. I was suspicious from the word go though I never actually thought he would clear Mum out.