Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 27 August 2023

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!!!

The moon turns full Wednesday night/Thursday morning in the US and UK. This is a special moon. It's called a Blue moon, because it's the second full moon in a single month. It's also called a Supermoon, because it's so close to Earth's orbit. This will be the closest moon of the year. I'd insert a link with more info, but seems like that's not accepted now. 

Everyone have a good week!

• Very Happy Birthday LINDY. Hope you enjoy your lunch
  • HI, all!

LINDA – HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Doing anything to celebrate? (later: o, I see, lunch after golf – hope it’s a good one.) It is disappointing about your holiday wi-fi – is there any chance they might upgrade – or maybe ban streaming again? Sorry to read of your OH’s dramatic arrival on site – hope all his bruises have gone by now. There was a report of a dead child at a holiday park yesterday – can’t remember where, or any details – but very young to be running around among vehicles. Nice photos of your walk among the trees – good adventure ground for Bonnie!

RUSTY – had a good view of the supermoon before going to bed last night – appeared very big when it was rising.

ANNETTE – I think Margo’s Billy turned out not to be a stray cat after all, but the owners let her keep him as he had been there several years when they found out! Brenda was a lovely person – she was very kind to me, but I was in hospital when she died – so sad.

AQ – I see you posted last night – I hope you have not been too upset by last week’s shenanigans!

DIANE – sorry to see your internet is down again! Hope it can soon be fixed. Or is it your computer giving you the problem? Is it the one your brother gave you? If so it really is very old!

An almost ordinary day today – except that OH is going to see the dentist this afternoon for an assessment for joining their plan. I have to search for somewhere to eat with Dau#2 when she comes – they changed their minds and will eat with us after all. Everywhere seems to have changed hands, let their websites decline into history or closed down completely!
  • Happy Birthday Linda! I hope you have a wonderful day!

• Not been on for some time so HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDA, hope you are continuing to enjoy your break or are you home now and golf was before your lunch date.

Will have a quick look back at what's been happening to all but in the meantime have had two hospital appts. today, Scan went better than I thought, I hated the idea of one as I get claustrophobia with anything like that. Check up at Medica went well, eye is healing well so wait 6 wks then have to go and be tested for reading glasses. Off to Franklin Gardens on Sat to see the Barbarians play Northampton Saints, dau won tickets at the school fete just before the summer hols.
  • Just been reading back and noticed the thread re when this chat started. 2009 , wow, I didn't come into it until much later but have enjoyed reading all your news even when I have little to say. Thank you all for friendship through these pages.
  • Just been reading back and noticed the thread re when this chat started. 2009 , wow, I didn't come into it until much later but have enjoyed reading all your news even when I have little to say. Thank you all for friendship through these pages.
  • I have looked back, it was very nostalgic. Remembering dear Margo, especially.
    OG - I will indeed contact my GP if things don't improve. I doubt that they will know me, as I stay well away from these places !
    Everyone - hope that you are all OK.
  • Belated Birthday Wishes Lindy - I hope you had a nice meal with OH.

I got back yesterday after another 3 days i London with Grandkids - They are exhausting. I don't know how I coped as I had my three very close together - 4 years and 2 mths -  and had 2 in nappies for some of it and we had no pampers or whatever in those days! The washing machine got used almost daily.

Anyway I managed to read your posts some days on my phone but their wifi was not good so didn't try and reply.

I have just read the post by Sunnykate and it was lovely. I remember Margo and her cat very well and a lot of the other names. Does anyone hear from George still?

I can't remember when I started reading but I was following the cams when EJ was at Loch Garten and Lady was at Loch of the Lowes. I'll have to check.

Have a good weekend all and stay well and safe.

• It’s the first of the month and I got on first time!!! How amazing!!!
    I hope you had a lovely birthday yesterday Lindy.
    Harelady - well done on more childminding. I am sure you love to help but it sounds tiring.
    Heather - sorry you are struggling. Hope you fine some get up and go soon.
    OG - I know exactly what you mean about eating places closing or changing hands. My favourite place for taking visitors has closed down as a restaurant and re branded itself as a wedding venue. I know hospitality places are struggling at the moment. I have managed to book the usual place for our Flora and Fauna group Christmas lunch. It’s a smallish cafe in a country park who don’t mind us turning up in our walking clothes. They always pull out all the stops with an excellent Christmas meal for about 24 of us. It suits us. A brisk winter walk and then a nice meal. Yes. I have already booked it!!! Ridiculous isn’t it?
    It has turned out nice and sunny today so I have washing out on the line.
    Am now off to the Post Office to post a parcel to Canada for my friend’s birthday. We actually share a birthday and are the same age!! I bought her a candle from the Skye Candle Company. My friend and I had great fun sniffing the samples in the big shop just outside Portree. I went for Scots Pine in the end!!!
  • Morning all:

AQ: I miss you.

Harelady: Welcome home. I imagine you were quite a bit younger when you were juggling dirty nappies, etc.

Rusty: I've actually been thinking about making reservations for Xmas this year. Don't even like turkey (actually don't like Xmas either because of all the hoopla). Maybe I can join your group. :-)

Lynette: Enjoy the game (but what kind of game, she wonders...)

Sciatica being a bore again; am loaded up with painkillers and patches and m seeing the doc Tuesday for steroid shot. He offered me one when I was there with OH earlier this week and I foolishly said 'oh no, it's getting better.' Grandson is getting married on the 9th. It's a two-hour drive away and as I'll be driving, don't want to be stiff and wobbly when I get there.