Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 13 August 2023

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I've just read confirmation that Indiana now has wild armadillos. They are increasingly being seen on my local roads and in our forests. These animals are native to the southernmost US states, but have moved much further north in response to climate change. I'd love to see one.

Take care, all.

www.in.gov/.../

• Hallo all: OH is home; daughter is moved; granddaughter and Ms. D en route for very easy DIY dinner here (OH has retired for a nap probably the first decent one since he went to hospital).

Rusty: Lovely photos; thank you.

Diane: Yes, all kinds of warnings up for the area south of us. Am going to have to talk to g-daughter about her plans to drive back through Palm Springs etc., on Sunday......

Stay well all.
  • Annette, that's wonderful news. He'll probably improve faster now that he can get some sleep!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Annette, so very pleased for you, Bless.

As said , hopefully will make a good steady recovery, with your wonderful care,

Praying you all keep safe and daughter enjoys her new abode.

Prayers and Hugs, always on their way to you all.

• ANNETTE – Your OH will recover much quicker in own home. I hope you get a little time to put your feet up now all the family goings-on have settled.

Our PM, having been thwarted in his attempt to foist a public holiday on us (because the Tildas lost the semifinal), has announced $200 million for women’s sport. That’s a lot of new change rooms & new sports fields for youngsters. He must be looking ahead to next election.

Another Aussie marsupial for you. Mulgaras look cute & cuddly, but those teeth!

[Edit] Link won't link, blocked. Try Googling      Mulgaras Dirk Hartog Island

• RUSTY Hope you are doing ok. Great pics, thank you.
  • Ditto from me, RUSTY !
    I thought that I'd be rambling away on here today, but very tired and youngest family are on the way here as I type.
    ANNETTE - great news all round...
  • Thanks for the good wishes. I have been out for a little local walk. 0.65 miles according to my phone. I was tired when I got back. Ridiculous for me!!! Coughed a lot in the night. Feel no worse though so I suppose that is something. I intend to post Day 2 of my Hebridean Adventure later.
  • Met up with a friend on Thursday. She is another who is game for anything and in mid October she will be going trekking in Nepal for the 4th time. She is going with 6 friends and they will be replicating a trip from a few years ago when 2 of them had to give up. She showed us pics from that visit and as you can imagine it is quite awesome. She told us it would be a slog.......but obviously worth it.
  • What a lovely day it's been. Met up with three other members of the local Photographic Society and headed to Sudbury near the Suffolk/Essex border and enjoyed a scenic walk - we then headed to a local coffee shop which also did various milk shakes. Among the flavours offered was lemon curd (!!!!) and it was absolutely delicious! Wow. I must get Limpy out there for a visit.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.