Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 6 August 2023

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a peaceful, serene week!

I'll come back later to post some replies. A big storm is in progress here--AGAIN.

Best wishes for a good holiday to all those who are leaving!

• Unknown said:

I never, ever have one of those.  Do you?

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Here I am. Thank you to Diane for starting us off again.

I've had a bad nights sleep, so slept in a bit today. Also, after enjoying a delicious roast beef dinner with a glass of wine at lunchtime, I fell asleep on the sofa this afternoon!

Have been reading and enjoying all your posts.
  • Pat -- I tried the 'listings' method to try and sleep - afraid it doesn't work for me! I was too sleepy to concentrate, then it began to wake me up! So my brain began to invent animals........ anyone like "acid purple striped aardvarks" or "black banded buffalo?"

Rusty - Enjoy your holiday -- not much time to turn around (or cut the lawn!) between trips! Hope the weather is kind.

Annette-- Well done to MsD for choosing the cello, even though it's not as portable as a piccolo!

I see that Clare has been to LG and witnessed my contribution- thank you for posting it, Clare. I have a copy somewhere as they did send me a pic when they reopened the Centre after renovations, but it was pre covid which put the lid on our visiting it right away, and then last year I wasn't well enough to go. :-( This year we're trying to find the time to fit it in..... Not easy to leave the dog behind, either, as it would be a trip without her.

• LINDA – Your cartoon reminds me that a Riverland Council recently declared its cemeteries are for humans only after learning that people want to be buried with their pets.

RUSTY – I can’t ignore the weeds as some become tall grasses which smother the bulbs if left too long.

• Just a thought

Did St. Francis preach to the birds? Whatever for? If he really liked birds he would have done better to preach to the cats. (Rebecca West)

All you need is love. . . and a cat. (bumper sticker)

Never wear anything that panics the cat. (P J O’Rourke)

• RUSTY Safe and wonderful travels for you and your friend.
  • Good morning.

ANNETTE – Guiding trip by Granddaughter is one of those “have fun, learn and do good” affairs – three weeks I think. She has received a lot from guiding and given a lot in return – she will be 30 soon, so I don’t know how much longer she will enjoy these things. She is a Chemistry and /or Psychology teacher by profession (first degree and masters in psychology, PGCE qualification with Chemistry).

LINDA – I see the youngsters at LG have fledged, so you will need to get a move on to see them there!

Fine start to the day. Cleaners this afternoon. I am supposed to be busy setting up the next church magazine. I seem to have lost some of my file management skills – or maybe Microsoft changed things during my time off!
  • AQ - Thank you for the quotations. All very appropriate. I have the middle one on a wood block on my windowsill - sadly, after having cats all my life, I am not allowed any animals where I live, so I have lots of china and wooden ones. Not the same - they are not comfortable on a lap in the evening ... but better than nothing.

OG - I've awarded myself two weeks' off producing the church magazine. This is Week 2 - so I'm already preparing an issue for next week. It's relentless. And yes, Microsoft keep altering things. It's very annoying.
  • Diane in Indiana said:
    Clare said:
    I never, ever have one of those. Do you?

No!