Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 16 July 2023

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a peaceful, serene week. The New Moon is Monday in US/UK.

I fervently hope that the NHS will ease LIMPY's suffering immediately. I am so sorry for him and CLARE.

Love to all.

• Thanks Diane - he is no worse but after 6 weeks on intravenous ABs the infection is still too high - they cannt say what has caused it???

Clare and Limpy - so pleased you are getting some pain relief - It is a shocking situation to be in and we seem to be particularly badly served in Suffolk.

• Morning all:

Limpy/Clare: Good to read the pain is subsiding. Let us know how the search for someone who can remove the tooth goes...

Harelady: That's puzzling - and disturbing that they haven't pinned down the cause. A lot of bugs are now antibiotic-resistant, which is even more disturbing. Have they done scans, etc.?
  • Hello. Been AWOL again, sorry.

Limpy, I do hope your pain continues to subside. What a terrible situation to be in, through no fault of your own. {more hugs} - well, you can't have too many!

Harelady - Sorry about your poor brother. What bad luck that it seems so difficult to sort out.

AQ - I would have done the same with that tennis racquet. How ignorant the man is. I was glad when he lost: he was getting so annoyed that he couldn't beat the man, he was resorting to mind games by taking too long over his serves.
  • It's been very changeable here - more like Spring weather. This morning we had bright sun interspersed with dark clouds & sudden showers. At one point, we even had thunder & lightning!

Our Eldest came here on Saturday in order to go out for an evening with some old friends he'd not seen for some years. He drove up in the afternoon and stayed for a roast pork dinner with us, then left by train for nearby town. He came in very late, and then stayed in bed on Sunday for half the morning- rather like the old days!! He said that he'd enjoyed the meet up but was shocked that half of them had receding hairlines!! He still has a fine head of hair at 47 but is lucky that both sides of our families kept their hair, or most of it anyway!!

Edit: Rusty - Thanks for the ID on the Comma butterfly! There seem to be quite a few brownish butterflies in the UK.

• LINDY: After your fall, my power was out for almost 9 days. So, I wasn't able to be supportive during your recovery. I'm so sorry. I have now read back through everyone's posts, and am caught up. I saw that your condition was improving. I really hope you are healed now. At least, I hope you are gaining strength and are not in pain.
  • HARELADY: I am so very sorry, and I can absolutely empathize with your frustration. Several years ago, my Dad became critically ill over several weeks, and the doctors couldn't identify the reason. He was admitted to a major hospital in the state, where he grew worse for 2 weeks. FINALLY, the hospital sent a lung sample to an elite research institution in Minnesota. They grew the bacteria and discovered that he had tuberculosis. Everyone had failed to diagnose an old-fashioned case of TB. I hope someone will pursue your brother's case and hit upon the solution. My thoughts are with you.
  • Chilly morning – overnight min was 2.6 C. Some country towns were expecting negative mins. Needless to say, OH is wandering around, too stupid to put on extra layers. I was up 6.30 am and he slumbered in his TV chair until after 8 am.

For some time my Big Sister has wanted to meet the Trio, so Dau & I arranged to visit during school holidays. Their Great-Aunt was impressed – Trio were so well behaved, they each played the piano, attempted some other musical instruments, played with Great-Uncle’s train set & showed a lot of interest in his ancient gramophone. My Sis had provided a “snack” of mini pies & pasties, cake and was astonished when they preferred water to drink. Sis talks non-stop, jumping from one topic to another and I was exhausted! I thought I was a hoarder! Looking around Sis’ home, there was not an inch free of clutter – ornaments, photos. All jammed on every surface. No hope of writing in the dust – there’s no space for dust. LOL

• AQ - how lovely for your big sister to meet the trio and that they were all so well behaved. I am a great auntie too and love it. I try to see them as much as possible but now they are in school it isn’t as easy.
    Lindy - glad you got to see your son briefly.
    Limpy - I hope you are continuing to improve and that you have been able to find a dentist to complete the extraction.
    A friend popped in unexpectedly yesterday morning for a chat which was nice. In the afternoon I tackled the lawns which had grown a lot with all the rain. I got half way through the back lawn when the mower broke!!! It hadn’t fused anything. It just stopped. A search revealed a problem with the cable just where it reaches the handle. So, off I went to the repair place just down the road on an industrial estate. The chap who does the meet and greet and the admin is as old as methuselah!! but very nice and chatty. They have a 14 day queue! So I left the mower there and contacted the friend who had been in the morning. Her husband lent me his battery powered mower (very posh) and I got the job finished, I am lucky to have such good friends. That mower wouldn’t go in my little car so he kindly drove up here with it and collected it when I had finished.
    I am off out for a tapas lunch today with some friends who want to recce the place with a view to taking a group there. I said I would be only too pleased to help them recce it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • rusty2 said:
    Limpy - I hope you are continuing to improve and that you have been able to find a dentist to complete the extraction.

He's certainly catching up on lost sleep!  I imagine half the neighbourhood can hear him snoring.  He's decided to finish the course of antibiotics before looking for a dentist, as this will probably be a lot less painful than trying to have an infected tooth removed.

Enjoy your tapas!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.