Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 9 July 2023

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Love to all.

• CLARE - best wishes for finding dental treatment for LIMPY - will be thinking of him
  • Clare - good luck in finding a dentist. Mine went private years ago whilst I was still working so I could afford it then. It must be awful not having a dentist you can just go to in an emergency. Poor Limpy. I hope 111 respond quickly. There must be an emergency service somewhere.
    Nice to see you Heather.
  • We've been advised to ring around the dentists as the 111 service can only arrange emergency appointments at the weekend - and we'll need to ring them back to arrange that. The poor old thing will probably have to hang on until then.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Clare, I put "like" on your post but I'm very sorry to hear about Limpy. It's beyond farcical that there are now huge swathes of the country without NHS cover. We have a private dentist and plead poverty when the bill arrives! Sometimes he's kind & lets me off a bit of the bill! Do hope you get some joy in ringing 111.

• CLARE Do hope you get a dentist to help. I don't think there is anything worse than toothache!!!!
  • I was invited to continue with my dentist, which would have cost £10 a month for the most basic cover. I didn't see the point because if I'd needed treatment I wouldn't have been able to afford it at all.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Good Lord. Everyone MIA today.

Re dental coverage, we are 'self-insured' which means we pay everything out of pocket - a big incentive to keep the floss handy.
  • Clare - Good luck with the dentist - As you know i live in your part of the world and we only have private dentists. I mentioned last year to my one that I will soon retire and could i go on the NHS list but they said they were not taking any more NHS Patients. My last broken crown cost me £800 which I will not be able to afford in the future so am taking great care of my teeth. I could never get on with floss but I use the interdental sticks. Hopefully something like cocodamol will take the edge of the pain for Limpy.

• Unknown said:
    I could never get on with floss but I use the interdental sticks.

So do I - and they've made quite a difference, I tend to need much less treatment now.

Unknown said:
    Hopefully something like cocodamol will take the edge of the pain for Limpy.

He's already on morphine, pregabalin, duloxetine and paracetamol for pain - and that lot barely touches it.  He could eat pots of co-codamol like sweets and it wouldn't make any difference.  The situation is horrendous.