WEEKLY CHAT (Non-Osprey) Sunday July 2, 2023

HAPPY NEW WEEK/MONTH EVERYONE!

Family here.....it's pizza tonight.

• Clare - what a fantastic set of photos. So glad so had such a great time on Mull.
  • Rusty2 Clare is great with the camera. I'm sure she's using something far more sophisticated than my iPhone. :-)
  • We've been sitting in the garden, as I thought that now the sun is out, it might do me good to get some vitamin D. Had a reasonable night and have stopped streaming, but still have a cough which made me wonder if it's covid related although its nothing like the time I did have it, before.

I hope Diane is alright and just struggling with the power supply since their extreme weather.

Annette- best of luck with the ironing!

Sorry to hear about your brother, Harelady. Hope you can help him.
  • Unknown said:
    I'm sure she's using something far more sophisticated than my iPhone. :-)

I use a Canon 5D mark 2 with a 100-400mm lens.  Funnily enough, though, I'm also using an old Iphone of Limpy's (minus the sim card) as a camera and I'm getting some nice scenic shots with it.  I'll be posting a few in the near future.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Quiet on here today. Hope everyone has a good Sunday and also that we might hear from Diane.
  • HARELADY Sorry to hear your brother is so poorly. wishing you all well.
  • Good morning. Well, it’s Lady Captain’s Day today. A big day in our golfing calendar. Sadly, thunderstorms are forecast so I don’t know how far round the course we will get. I have booked a meal. There is a mixed foursomes competition too but I am not playing in that. I used to, but I can’t play 27 holes in a day now. Then there will be the presentation in the evening.
    Lindy - I hope your cold and cough are continuing to improve.
  • Hi, all. My power was restored tonight about 1:15 a.m. It came on for a few minutes last Saturday night, but failed. Except for those few minutes, it has been out for 9 days of 90F heat (32.2C). I am deeply grateful to the linemen who are risking their lives doing dangerous work in the middle of the night in the woods around a creek. They now have finished my small town, but are still in the rural area.

I will start the new thread tonight and tell you all what happened.
  • Hello! Great to pop in here & find a post from dear Diane -- Diane, we thought as much, and are hoping that you've been managing OK without power. Take Care of yourself. xxx
  • Good morning, all.  I've just posted the last of my Mull photos - click on Limpy to see the rest:

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.