WEEKLY CHAT (Non-Osprey) Sunday July 2, 2023

HAPPY NEW WEEK/MONTH EVERYONE!

Family here.....it's pizza tonight.

• Looks like Diane had some severe storms this evening.... Hope she and her little house are okay.
  • I hope so too, ANNETTE. I saw on Facebook yesterday that she had no power etc.
  • Thank you for starting us off Annette. I too hope Diane is OK. Those storms sound nasty.
    I will be back later to report on today’s golfing competition. The Lady Veterans Trophy!! Lol!!!
  • Like others I am keeping fingers crossed for Diane. Thank you for starting the week Annette.
  • CLARE love the pic of the puffin. When we lived in Shetland I always looked forward to the arrival of the puffins at Sumburgh Head in April. They would leave us in early August. They didn't seem to be too worried about people and you could get quite close.

We enjoyed a walk at the uni this morning. So good to see that there are still 6 cygnets.
  • Got up this morning, dressed for church. Rain started. Decided not to get wet, so changed. Rain stopped --decided we could use the time to set up templates etc for magazine, and start saving files etc sent by recent editor. It was raining again when we would have come home, so were glad to stay dry. J walked to his church and back. Birds are fidgety in the changeable weather - and it is quite breezy.

ANNETTE - thanks for the new week. I asssume your GD has fetched Ms D from her visit to paternal family and that is why they are back with you. Does this visit include dog? And are they there through 4th July? Enjoy time with them.

DIANE - I read about the current outages on FB - hope weather has settled somewhat today! Take Care.

DIBNLIB - pleased to see the cygnets at the Campus are doing well this year. Ex S in L and family and Dogs walk there - and use the skate park etc, but they are on hols in Spain right now.

Must phone Grandson now and offer them lunch next Sunday - both were vegetarian and she has chronic dietary needs, so wil need to check everything.
  • Hello everyone!

Lindy - I hope the knee is recovering as is your OH's knee

Clare and Limpy - sorry to read of the infection - I hope the ABs do their thing and glad you got to Mull. I love it there! Do you every go over to Iona?

OG - I hope you all had a nice day for J's Birthday. Re cataracts - I found the improvement amazing so tell OH to push for it. Enjoy meeting your Great Grand Dog!

AQ I hope the weather is ok and that you have got the bins sorted. Ours is every 2 weeks - one for burning to create electicity and the other for recycling but glass and grass I have to take to the recycling centre.

Annette - I hope the landscaping is finished and you enjoyed your family pizza

Heather - have you been to Canada to see your relations? It some where Ive always wanted to visit.

Diane - I really hope you have come through the storm with you house undamaged.

Rusty - you amaze me how much you fit into your time - well done.

I have been in Harwich, Essex since Friday visiting old friends - He was our Best Man at our wedding in 1973 and we all met at the local Youth Club. Lots of reminising and laughs.

Well I have washing finishing and am at work tomorrow so take care all and have a good week

• OG - it sounds as if you made good use of your wet Sunday morning.
    Harelady - glad you are enjoying your visit to old friends.
    I am back from golf. Quite remarkably I came 6th which is my best effort of the season! I chipped in from quite a distance on the 15th and 4 men playing a nearby hole all applauded!!!!!!! I can dine out on that for a bit!!!
  • Clare: The Puffin photo is first rate. It's good to see your fab pix on here again.

OG: Granddaughter and Ms D are here but Ms. D was in San Luis Obispo with her uncle (my grandson), not the paternal side. That's the trip they're planning to Wisconsin in two weeks, one unfortunately replete with potentially difficult family dynamics. Ms. D wants to see her half sister, but I wonder if it's worth all the attendant complications.... Time will tell. Meanwhile, Ms. D's puppy went to Doggy Camp in Prescott for the trip here. Yay!! No unauthorized holes in the garden or chewed plants.

Heather: Thanks for letting us know that Diane had no power . - think they're forecasting bad weather in that area again today.

Not thrilled with garden crew; they were sloppy and I wondered if they all had ADD! Boss was good but he was back and forth to other jobs and some things fell through the cracks more than once. Am planning several words with him next week. His father and helper came by for tidy up on Friday and they seemed to know what they were doing. And this company came with recommendations! Arghhh. Meanwhile, have heard not one word from appliance guy who left promising a callback with repair estimate and has never followed up in spite of me calling their office three days in a row last week. Where have all the competent and conscientious people gone?

Family up and about; back later....
  • Rusty - Nothing like a good chip! Should have set you up for the last three holes ... Well done on the result. Handicap cut?