Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 28 May 2023

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful early summer week! And winter for AQ!

I was standing in my front yard today, and a big shadow fell on me and grew larger. R.T. Hawk and his mate flew over me in circles until they were quite low and close to me. R.T. looked me in the eyes. I hadn't seen them in quite a while, and they were probably confirming that it was me. They both looked healthy. I was glad to see them. 

Love to all.

• Hello and Thank you, DIANE. I'm happy that your RTH s are still !looking after you. I remember when they followed you to your local shop !
  • Hello,  more poppy pics! I've taken a lot of pictures as they are so short lived & at least I can view them on the dark days of winter. These red ones were new last year & I'm so pleased to see they've established themselves with lots of buds to come, yet.

Like the look of your treats, AQ! My OH would adore that bun as he loves doughnuts & has to be restrained around cake shops which have them! Great that you found a good bookshop.

• LINDY - that new poppy is a really vibrant colour! Your Son's trip remined me of our ex S-i-L who did the three peaks last year - cycling between them! Our elder S-in-L was his support but also climbed Snowdon.

Went to dentist yesterday for final two fillings - next appt November Couldn't get hygienist appt till August! Hoping hospital dental will materialise before then!

OH shopped this morning but we hope he can fit in scarifying the grass this afternoon - but got to be indoors for my shower. I have offered to try to plant the hanging baskets - if my stiff arm can reach on the garden table.
  • Lindy - your new poppies are a gorgeous colour.

OG - glad you got some treatment done at the dentists and I hope you are able to plant the hanging baskets.

I have just come in from the garden having found space for the 3 plants I was given yesterday. They are in the ground and I hope they do well.

So - holiday Day 2.

We drove to Tenby. I had been there 40 years ago but didn’t really remember it. It was rather breezy but my friend and I walked up to the castle and then along the cliff top before finding a nice cafe for lunch.

• In the afternoon we drove to Picton Castle. It was originally built in medieval times but has had many alterations since. The latest indoor decor was done in Georgian times.

I don’t know whether you can see the little dots in the above photo but they were house martins. There was lots of them obviously nesting in the nooks and crannies of the old house.

This is the Georgian library situated in one of the round towers.

• My friend and I then had a walk round their lovely gardens including a huge walled garden although it now is a flowers garden rather than a fruit and veg one. However, we found an ice cream stall there and naturally had to buy one to walk round with!!! (Lol)

• Morning all:

AQ: I hope that's real cream inside the Kitchener. What a treat to go to nice bookstore. Incidentally, have just finished reading Remainders of the Day by Shaun Blythell (owner of the Book Shop in Wigstown, Scotland) Feel like I know all his regulars by now, Glad the ospreys gave their fancy new nest the thumbs(?) up.

RUSTY Glad you got some sunshine for the garden part of your outing. That's a pretty fancy library upgrade for a castle.

Made headway on some paperwork yesterday, but it's a large project that we've been putting off and what with May Gray firmly entrenched, seemed like the time to tackle it. Did manage to get outside yesterday afternoon to finish tidying up the Cecile Brunner climber..

Take care everyone
  • HI. OG - sounds like those starlings are having a rave now that there is more room for them

Rusty2 - looks like you had a lovely holiday, been to Aberystwyth but not Tenby. Love the pics of the gardens and Picton castle.

Went over to a local Medica facility where they do eye surgery both for the NHS and privately, been assessessed and because I find it difficult to lie flat on a bed they let me try out the theatre bed and with a bit of tweaking found I could tolerate it so awaiting a date, either a Saturday in July or sometime in the summer holidays for right eye cataract to be fixed.

Went out yesterday to a local pub, not been for a year or two, unfortunately meal didn't really come up to scratch but we ate and had a couple of drinks - chilling out. One to give a miss.

Weather quite cloudy and chilly but dry and the garden needs watering every other day at present as there has been no rain for some time.