Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 21 May 2023

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, sunny week.

Love to all!

• I am home. Much washing, shopping and gardening to do today as I am going to a family barbecue tomorrow. I will try to comment on people’s news and give a brief summary (with photos Lindy!!!) in the next few days.
  • Hello. Forgot to write on here this morning. We seem to be busy again, but doing what, I'm not sure. {frowns}.

AQ - Great that your OH was happy to stride out in his new shoes. Thanks for the assurance that passport pictures are not supposed to be a likeness- mine have varied over the years and I've usually felt that they look like my sister would look, if I had one. But this one looks like my grandmothers own grandmother. It's unnerving!!

It's sunny here again and I went off to shop for the weekend with a lighter heart than yesterday. Everyone in the shops seems cheerful, & many seem to be planning BBQs, judging by the goodies & many bottles of wine in their trollies. Sat in the garden on my return with my OH who seems to be fighting off a cold. Sis in law Sue turned up to return the sweater he left at her house recently. She admired our splashes of colour.
  • LINDY: Thanks for your passport story. I could relate to it. My last driver's license photo is equally depressing. I look old, sad, and vaguely criminal. I can't bear to look at it. One time I gave it to a teller in a bank in order to cash a check. She laughed so hard that she couldn't speak for a moment. When she recovered, she said, "Were you having a bad day?" So humiliating and self-esteem eroding.
  • Aw, Diane . Don't know whether to laugh or cry at your tale - suppose we'd both better laugh! Life is cruel sometimes.

We had a nice roast chicken dinner tonight, so enjoyed a glass of wine with it. After the sunshine we'd had today, the alcohol knocked me out! One glass made me feel like laying down! Usually I can manage a glass or two (or even 3!) before it hits me, later.
  • STARTING NEW THREAD NOW (a little early, sorry)