Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 7 May 2023

HAPPY NEW WEEK! Today was an historic day in the UK.

I've been listening to the House Wrens singing their joyful songs as they build their nests. They have improved my mood and outlook, and it finally feels like spring here!

Everyone have a wonderful week!

• SO, I'll have anther attempt at filling you in on happenings here!

BTW, computer was switched off as soon as flashing pages appeared. Left it alone for 24 hours and all warnings disappeared. I let OH test and check everything yesterday and all appears to be well. I think Microsoft must have resolved it themselves! PHEW!

What I really wanted to tell you last week was that J was offered work for the rest of term - up to end of June. Part time and days appear quite random, but probably best for him to only do a few days at a time. Great thing is, it is at our nearest Primary - just a ten minute walk from home, so no buses, and mostly through a footpath so away from traffic fumes. He did.Thursday and Friday last week and managed to catch a sore throat - and got sunburn helping on a walk and outside playtimes! Luckily no hours this week, so he has time to recover.

E-E is well - apart from grumbling about his trigger thumb - but not doing anything about booking an injection - what is it with men? He has used all the lovely sunny weather to do a lot in the garden. I am doing okay - was called in for blood tests last Thursday - the GP has introduced a new check-up system with phlebotomist also doing BP etc. I was sent home with a monitor, but we can't get it to work at all!

All supposed to be going to a concert tonight at our church, but I don't think J will feel up to it, and OH said yesterday he thinks we may decide not to bother - evenings are difficult for timing.
  • OG Good news about J which will help you and EE as well.

Thank you PAT. I have been to Brighton many moons ago. We have friends who moved up from West Sussex where he was a fire fighter and she worked in Waitrose Chichester. They moved up here a good many years ago in order to have easier access to husky racing.
  • dibnlib - Not a lot of husky racing in this area ...
  • RUSTY – A gift involving birds and a walk? Why am I not surprised LOL.

OG – Good news for J – work that is but not the sunburn. He will have to “Slip Slap Slop”. Do you have that campaign UpOver? Typical – you are given a gadget that doesn’t work at home.

Last 2 days I have spent very short time weeding wee garden next to driveway. Not finished but my back is complaining. Spring flowering bulbs are appearing there later than in back garden.

Last 2 evenings I have dipped into Giro d’Italia for the first time. I am not interested in the cycling – seen one peleton, seen ‘em all! But it’s the scenery. I was so surprised to see the countryside east of Naples – hilly and big trees and GREEN. Nothing like I imagined. I can’t believe how green it is. . . in summer. And it was raining. Rain in summer is rare DownUnder, paddocks are yellow or brown.

• Good Morning. Dry here but clouded over. My OH has gone to golf in his shorts, however as he says it's warmer now.

AQ -- Well done on achieving some weeding, even though its at a cost of a sore back afterwards. Italy will be green at this time of year, as is most of Europe - summer comes in very reluctantly and it won't be brown on the Italian hills until about July. The trees there are glorious - often lining the roads in smart rows, or dotted around very artfully across the rolling hills.

OG - Yes, my congrats too, to J on getting another job. It sounds ideal, within walking distance.
  • I have to confess that we've been away in Wales again for the past week - I didn't want to say that we were away,  for reasons I won't give here. We had a very pleasant time and watched the Coronation all day on Saturday, then it rained for a lot of the time, except for a day when we went to this nearby bay and Bonnie enjoyed her walk.

• Saw bluebells by the path on our walks, sometimes mixed with these pretty white thingummies which I used to know the names of, once....

• Close up of them - tiny and delicate.

• Lesser stitchwort - stellaria graminea
  • Hi to all hope all is well with everyone

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here