Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 7 May 2023

HAPPY NEW WEEK! Today was an historic day in the UK.

I've been listening to the House Wrens singing their joyful songs as they build their nests. They have improved my mood and outlook, and it finally feels like spring here!

Everyone have a wonderful week!

• Diane: Thank you. Say Hi to the House Wrens for me. :-)
  • Thank you, Diane. Both for starting us off again and for your mention of our historic day. It all went well and was an astonishing spectacle.

Thank you to bjane, too - I was forgetting that you might have had chance to see the crowning of our wonderful Queen. Most people here are celebrating, although of course, some are not. Personally I think it's a shame that they don't see the significance of it all, nor the need for a monarch.

We enjoyed it all, and it was a relief that everything went so well. I think that the King was almost overcome with emotion - he is a sensitive person but wanted to appear stoic and solemn. I loved all of the wonderful music, most especially the brilliant gospel choir and the rich tones of Bryn Terfel singing in Welsh.

• Thank you Diane for starting us off. Glad the wrens are making you feel positive.
    Lindy - I agree with your summary of yesterday. It was very well put.
    I won’t be watching the concert today not my thing really. My sister is going to their local street party in Cheshire (take your own sandwiches!!) lol.
    After sitting in front of the TV for most of the day yesterday I must get out in the garden today. Fortunately it is sunny.
    I am hoping OG, EE and J are coping better now. The sunshine will help I think.
  • House wrens sound wonderful Diane - that very special trill at the end of their song is magnificent.. The fastest trill in the bird world. I have a pair that visit my garden with their little tip up tails (or not , sometimes)
  • DIANE - Thank you for a new week. Your mood is improving with spring, mine with cooler weather! Last night’s min was 3.9 C and OH is grumbling. He has actually asked for a blanket!

I enjoyed the coronation – spectacular. Our early TV coverage featured lots of interviews with Indigenous, young people, republicans and what do they think. Blah de blah blah. Thank goodness we had BBC coverage for the Abbey & processions. I remember crouching by the radio for QE’s coronation.

• Thank you DIANE
    I watched the whole thing yesterday, thought that the music was great but I prefer the older music , Parry, Handel.
  • It's been mixed weather with clouds but also some bits of sun breaking through.

Just watched the Coronation Concert which was as expected - good in parts!! Stunning effects with the drones - they must have been pretty astonishing if seen from the ground. Nice speech from Prince William.
  • Hi, CIRRUS. Lovely that you also have wrens visiting. My Scottish ancestors revered the wrens. I can hardly dig a hole anywhere on my patch without finding the remnants of a handmade wren house. The day the wrens returned was always a day of celebration here. Nice to see you. Hope all is well.

Hello to everyone.
  • Goodness. Where is everyone?
    The rain has stopped here for now (it always rains on a Bank Holiday doesn’t it?) It makes me glad I got my gardening done yesterday.
    I am popping to see my friend in the Sheltered Accommodation later to do the iPad update for her. After last time when she managed to lock herself out, I thought it would be better if I went and did it myself. She is going to tell me about the coronation celebrations they had there.
  • Everyone must be having a jolly time, RUSTY !
    Nothing special to report - I didn't watch the concert last night - not really my thing...
    I seem to be getting ever lazier, which is beginning to worry my children. I do hope that the warmer weather will arrive soon. Then I might (!) be encouraged to potter in the garden. I'd rather read a book !
    Regards to ALL