Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 16 April 2023

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON!

The moon turns new on Wednesday night or Thursday morning in the US/UK. Sorry, AQ, I didn't look up Australia.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week.

Everything has turned green here, and everyone is taking wildflower tours and foraging for wild mushrooms. Hunting the fields and woodlands for the treasured and tasty wild morel mushrooms is a much anticipated rite of spring here. They sell for over $25 per pound and they taste divine.

Love to all. Sending healing and good energy to OG.

• Hello all and thank you Diane for again, starting us off.

See you have all been either gardening or getting on with various things. Love the pictures of Rusty's friends garden and of course Lindy's garden.
    Pleased birthday girl had a lovely party. and your cake , Lindy, your special cake looked so simple but said a lot - hope it was delicious and that you all had a lovely family meal.
    Thoughts still with OG and EE whom I understand have been under the weather. Hope J is coping too.
    Weather down here has been recently kind to us. It was a glorious day on Saturday and I went with dau to see a live RU match - Saints v Sarecens at our home ground, Franklin Gardens. This is the first time I have been to a live match and thoroughly enjoyed it - it was a Mothers Day gift from daughter, in memory of her dad who use to love watching rugby. As we were leaving the ground we bumped into Courtney Walsh, one of the Saints players, who said hello. I was so surprised, he was towering above me. Didn;t realise how tall he was, mind you I was in my wheelchair at the time as I can't walk far these days with my gammy knee etc. What an end to the day and we finished off with a takeaway Chinese.
  • Oh dear, didn't realise I needed to sign in.

LYNETTE Sounds like you and your daughter had a lovely day on Saturday.

Glorious weather here. We had coffee with a friend at Brodie then OH and I drove to Findhorn Bay where we sat outside "The Kimberley" and enjoyed a snack lunch before walking Benson. There really can be no finer place than Findhorn on a day like today.
  • dibnlib - Glad you enjoyed your time at Findhorn. It reminded me of a visit I made to the Findhorn Community some years ago. A friend was a founder member and we visited his home and he showed us around the Community buildings. The weather that day wasn't as kind as it was for you today ... but still happy memories.

I do hope OG and EE are OK. It's been some time since we've heard from them.

I have read everyone's posts but life has been manic, so no replies - must try to do better. Can someone please add an extra day to the week, or even a couple of extra hours to each day (if only I could stay awake!!!)
  • I agree Pat, I think we all worry when we do not hear from OG or EE for a few days. Just crossing fingers that things are improving for them.
  • Good news is that I returned to my favourite Fruit-Veg shop for lovely fresh food. Bad news is aNother confrontation with eye glasses person who suggested that I hold my book closer. Excuse me, that’s what I have been doing; any closer and I swallow the book. Various excuses why I can’t see to read which I won’t bother to repeat – just say I’ve reached my use-by date. A stronger lens being made.

OH fell over yesterday indoors – no damage. Then he offered to help in garden, stupid me said OK as he does so little. He fell on back verandah. He took long time to get up with my feeble help. A sore foot & grazed arm.

May is History Festival month here. I have booked a stained glass tour of St Matthew’s church. It has been on my list since BC (before covid), now I need not gatecrash a Sunday service! I thought RUSTY may be interested in a tour of Adelaide Town Hall in French.

Thanks for EVERYONE’s news and LINDA’s cheerful flowers.

• AQ - that tour in French is definitely the sort of thing I would go to to challenge myself. I am wondering why they are doing a tour of the Town Hall in French though?
    So sorry about your trials and tribulations at the opticians. I do hope your persistence pays off and that your new lens does the trick.
    Worrying about your OH falling. Hope he is OK and just sore. Such a shame when he wanted to help.
    I too am worried about OG and EE. Things must be hard for them just now. I do think about them.
    Dibnlib - I went to Findhorn last year when I was staying at Grantown on Spey on my birding holiday. It looked to be a lovely place. Unfortunately it was extremely windy that day and we could hardly stand up. The birds, of course, were not showing!!!
    I am pleased to report that the site of the extracted tooth is not hurting and I have begun the salt water mouthwashes as advised. I am venturing to the golf course today. It seems to be quite cold out there but at least it is dry. I hope I can manage the full 18 holes.
  • Sorry to hear that you lost the tooth Rusty, but at least you had it out without a sleepless night or anything, the night before! All over quite quickly! Hope it soon heals.

AQ -- Sorry your OH is in the wars. Does he have balance problems? How annoying about the optical person. Hope you can get better glasses supplied now. These things are sent to try us. I love stained glass- have a good time looking at the church.

Sunny here after a very heavy cloudy beginning. Still quite a breezy wind, which can be chilly. My OH is examining the wooden bird feeding table, which has gone rotten over the winter. We don't use it as much now, as the whole area here has a rat problem, and we don't want to add to their comforts!
  • Pat -- we could all do with an extra day of the week!

Dibnlib - That sounds like a lovely outing. 

Lynette - Glad you enjoyed the rugby. I've only seen matches on the TV.

Annette - Now forgotten what I was going to say!! LOL!!