Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 16 April 2023

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON!

The moon turns new on Wednesday night or Thursday morning in the US/UK. Sorry, AQ, I didn't look up Australia.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week.

Everything has turned green here, and everyone is taking wildflower tours and foraging for wild mushrooms. Hunting the fields and woodlands for the treasured and tasty wild morel mushrooms is a much anticipated rite of spring here. They sell for over $25 per pound and they taste divine.

Love to all. Sending healing and good energy to OG.

• Think that is the end of our glorious weather. We were determined to enjoy every last minute of it so went to Dochgarroch this afternoon for a walk and a Mieles ice cream. We are going to Pitlochry next week but the forecast isn't great. We will enjoy ourselves nonetheless.
  • Glorious weather in Adelaide. I gathered everything I could, 2 loads of washing dried and put away. None of it needed ironing, just flattened when folded.
  • AQ - well done with the laundry. It’s a satisfying feeling isn’t it?
    Dibnlib - I hope the weather isn’t as bad as you fear for your trip to Pitlochry. My sister and brother in law are setting off today from Cheshire to drive the North 500. It’s something they have been looking forward to and planing for ages. They fear they are not going to see it at is best due to next week’s weather forecast.
    Lindy - I hope you are back on form after your sickness interlude.
    I am going to start the day by painting a new fence panel which was delivered yesterday. It needs 2 coats and then the man will come back, remove the broken one and replace it with the new one. After that, it will be a day of “domestics” as my dad used to call housework!!!!!
  • Good Um..... Morning/Lunchtime.

Rusty, thank you - I'm fine now. A beautiful morning here but rain promised for later. Just went shopping and made a point of admiring the flowering cherry trees in the car park, plus the many flowering trees and tulips in people's gardens this spring. Such a joy.

Sad to hear just now of the loss of Barry Humphries, a really funny man who always amused me. He was able to stay in character for interviews and always had an answer!
  • Glad to hear you are better now LINDY

Rusty I hope your sister and brother in law enjoy the NC 500. There is always a plus side to things and the fact that the weather isn't at its best may mean it isn't too busy.
  • Dibnlib - my sis and b - in - l have arrived in Sterling where they are overnighting. It looks sunny there but they had a lot of rain through the Lake District.
    I am very pleased with myself - I have cleaned the cooker!!! Phew!! It wasn’t all that dirty but it involved taking the glass doors off to clean them and I am always worried I will drop and break them or not get them back on properly. I have been sitting in my conservatory reading for the last hour. It is very pleasant and quiet now that someone over the back has finished cutting their grass!!
  • Rusty: I have several things that need doing around my house that you could probably manage quite handily. :-)

Meanwhile, two dead bodies in the garden this morning - a bird (why is it in two distinct pieces?) and two very alive crows tearing at the remains of a gopher (trapped, not poisoned). I hate to kill anything but the damage in the back garden is too much this year. Sorry for the grisly images.

Thinking about OG, EE and J.
  • Well done on the cooker cleaning, Rusty. Not anyone's favourite job.

The rain held off here: we just had some grey clouds. Now, like AQ, I suspect, I have more ironing to do!