Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 16 April 2023

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON!

The moon turns new on Wednesday night or Thursday morning in the US/UK. Sorry, AQ, I didn't look up Australia.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week.

Everything has turned green here, and everyone is taking wildflower tours and foraging for wild mushrooms. Hunting the fields and woodlands for the treasured and tasty wild morel mushrooms is a much anticipated rite of spring here. They sell for over $25 per pound and they taste divine.

Love to all. Sending healing and good energy to OG.

• Glad you enjoyed your lunch AQ. Annoying when people want to hug but aren't sympathetic at all about your feelings on the matter.

Saw an item on TV News about the eclipse, which looked dramatic.
  • AQ - Your Panini sounds delicious! I have put the items on my grocery list for next trip!
  • Morning all:

AQ:  Don't blame you for not hugging; you don't need to get sick what with OH being wobbly.

Rusty: Congrats (??) on your golf win. Keep up with those salt-water rinses.  I had a doc once tell me that we should put salt in warm water and inhale the fumes through the nose on a daily basis to keep bugs at bay.....

Lindybird: I upset a very close friend when OH and I got married quietly in my garden with just daughter/partner/grandkids and OH's best buddy, wife and daughter present.  We told only my sister and family in the UK that we were planning it (two weeks notice because OH decided to take early retirement and we had to marry in order to sign up for each other's retirement benefits - so romantic!).  Friend actually told me she was really upset and then she corralled another close friend into hosting a huge (surprise!) reception months later.  Very sweet, but I tend to avoid hoopla..  (OH and I celebrate our 21st anniversary this weekend.  and we are - typically - sneaking off to dinner at our favorite restaurant.)

Thinking of OG and EE.....

• Good for you Annette, having the wedding you wanted. 21 years now.... it must have been a good decision!

Very windy here again, but I had a happy half hour in the garden (standing up!) and tidied up a few things, including pulling weeds from various bits of paving, and trimming a bush a bit, before I realised that the sparrows were shouting at me and they might be nesting, so I stopped.

Someone on my OHs dog walk said yesterday that they had seen a small deer in the bushes, so it must have escaped from one of the nearby Stately homes.
  • Annette - good for you both having the wedding you wanted. I had my wedding reception at the aptly named “Paradise Farm” Sadly, paradise didn’t last. Long time ago and life moved on in a good new direction eventually.

I have been birdwatching today in glorious weather. I saw my 100th species of bird for the year!!! It happened to be a ruddy shelduck!!! Very pleased. Migrants are arriving back now and we saw or heard several warblers.

Beautiful blue sky and fresh growth on the trees at Burton Mere Wetlands 

Marsh Marigolds in the wetlands

View over one of the scrapes. Lovely to see so many avocets 

• Lovely pics, Rusty. Well done on the 100th sighting.
  • Thanks for news and pics !
    Our family weekend starts today. Didn't get off to a good beginning. I went to bed early last night and was woken by the intruder alarm. Horrible noise - it hasn't been triggered for years, well before my OH died. I got the usual phone call from G4 asking for password and should they send the police etc. The worst bit was having to patrol the house looking to see if anyone was here. I don't know why I bother with it - I've got nothing worth stealing ! My OH was very security conscious.....

I think I'd be better off getting a dog :-)

• Oh, dear, Heather. How annoying. That must have worried you. They say that a flock of geese is a good alarm system!

I also had a bad night, as I awoke twice to be sick. I must have eaten something bad, although my OH had the same as me, and he is fine. I've only had water since, but am going to try a bowl of soup and a bit of dry toast now.

It's raining here, so we had to cancel our idea of going out for a walk, anyway.
  • LINDY Sorry you have been poorly, hope you are all better soon.
  • Oh dear Lindy. How awful for you. I hope you manage the soup OK and that you continue to improve.
    Heather - that alarm going off must have been very scary. Just once or twice I have heard a bump in the night and got up to investigate. It need some courage to open your bedroom door and step out doesn’t it? I hope it doesn’t spoil your weekend.
    It is raining here now. I am going to see my friend in the sheltered housing this afternoon as it is her birthday on Sunday.