Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 16 April 2023

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON!

The moon turns new on Wednesday night or Thursday morning in the US/UK. Sorry, AQ, I didn't look up Australia.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week.

Everything has turned green here, and everyone is taking wildflower tours and foraging for wild mushrooms. Hunting the fields and woodlands for the treasured and tasty wild morel mushrooms is a much anticipated rite of spring here. They sell for over $25 per pound and they taste divine.

Love to all. Sending healing and good energy to OG.

• Diane! You are on the ball. It's only just 4:06pm West Coast time. But thank you.

Did lots of errands this morning; think I'm going to go visit the ocean to make sure it's still there.....
  • Good Morning, and thank you to Diane for starting us off.

It's much warmer here, as promised!!
  • Thank you for starting us off Diane. Do you know where to find the Morel mushrooms so that you can eat for free???

Annette.  I hope you got to the ocean yesterday.

Lindy - I hope you had a lovely day with the family.

Still thinking of OG and hoping things are improving there.

After a lovely spring day yesterday, the damp is back today. However, yesterday I really enjoyed the walk around the country lanes near my friend’s house. When you go slowly and look, it’s amazing the variety of flowers which grow there. My friend really knows her “patch” and she pointed out a huge variety of plants. We also enjoyed the birds and noticed blue tits going in and out of nests. We saw a butterfly and a ladybird. Such a lovely walk.

This is my friend’s lovely spring garden

• I learned a lot about mushrooms last night Diane. The earth has a solution for everything  ! mushrooms (can't remember all the details but ! )  -they can turn chemical waste into really fertile soil with worms etc etc in it 

Enjoy your foraging      Grimacing      

• RUSTY What a lovely garden your friend has,

Our usual walk in the woods this morning and found an egg shell.....not sure whether it was a wood pigeon or collar dove.
  • Gosh - quiet on here. Hope everyone has a good week...
  • Good Morning. Sorry, was too busy yesterday visiting relatives etc to come on here, but will post some pics shortly.

Rusty, what a super walk you had. Even better when there is a guide with you to point things out! Lovely pics.
  • Coffee morning with neighbour. Checked the cafe where I am meant to meet interstate friends Thurs. Indoors impossibly small. However it was lovely sitting at tables in sunshine on lawn near the beach BUT Thurs forecast is rain. Fingers crossed otherwise Plan B? . . . but now lunch is suggested rather than a-tea. Which allows far more options. Do I have time re-research venues. No!

I am booked for another eye check for reading glasses Wednesday. Sometime I must find time to organize flu jab. History Month in May – must check brochure for free events. Weeds are thriving. If I sit still for a moment, there are three beanies waiting to be sewn up. I am reading your posts but no time to reply. Sorry.