WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY MARCH 5 2023

Hallo all.   Hope Diane and bjane haven't been swept away.   I've been busy in the garden the last couple of days; got tired of waiting for my knight in shining armor to show up with his landscaping truck - got a lot of tidy up done.

Hope everyone has a good week.  

• Thanks, Annette! Not swept away, but it was a miserable night. Straight-line wind gusts up to 70 miles per hour. A big old tree limb fell in the backyard and hit my deck.. The roof leaked in the bedroom from the relentless rain. Lots of rural roads are flooded out around the area. My power stayed on, but my mobile/cell phone service is awful today. I'm too old for this. lol

Glad you got your garden work done.

Heather: Hope you're feeling better.
  • Thanks ANNETTE for starting us off. Well done on clearing your garden. Now have you time for ours?

DIANE – Glad you survived. So you now have an en suite shower in your bedroom?

It really does seem like Sunday! Dau took me to “my” church this morn. My street cred will be high – the Trio behaved very devoutly. Well trained by Dau, they really do know how to behave when required.

• Thank you for starting us off Annette and well done with the gardening.

Diane - glad you survived but a leaky roof doesn’t sound too good. I hope you can get it fixed asap.

AQ - how nice of your daughter and granddaughters to take you to church. It’s good that the youngsters know how to be still and serious for a short while.

I hope Lindy is enjoying her travels and family time.

We are having a family weekend in 3 parts as it is my sister’s “big” birthday on Monday. Yesterday was a buffet lunch with all her grandchildren there. They were very excited. I played a board game which involved much addition and subtraction with passengers getting on and off buses!! Good fun. Today is a Sunday lunch for the “older” folk at a nice pub.

This is the cake from yesterday.

• Lovely cake, RUSTY.
    Thanks to all for kind thoughts - I'm back to normal ( whatever that is !)
  • Morning all

Diane:  I do hope spring arrives soon so you can start fixing up your little house as you've planned.  You don't need more damage. Did the deck survive the tree limb? Good it didn't hit the house but it sounds like you're vulnerable with all those trees around.  

AQ;  I rushed out late afternoon to feed the roses, anticipating that the overnight showers would help wash it into the soil, which it did.  Hurray!   Earlier, I spotted a plant that was waving in the breeze - except there was no breeze.  Investigated to find a gopher busy with some excavation project.  So cute!  So destructive!  But oh well, it's their patch of the planet too.  I tiptoed away; hope the plant will survive.   Has anyone spoken to these adults swans who apparently make a habit of abandoning their young when the going gets tough?  I guess you can't neuter a cygnet before you set it free, but are we enabling a new generation that will go on to abandon its own offspring. Horrors!  :-)    Still, it gives humans something to do.   I did not view the spider/snake video; two of my least favorite critters.  Congrats on the well behaved brood.

Rusty:  That's a lovely cake. I tend to bypass the decorative bits for the actual cake.  What was it?  I do like the sound of the  pub lunch; a nice end to a busy weekend.

• Hello. I seem to have been reading but not posting, sorry.

Rusty, what a beautiful cake. Happy birthday to your sister.

AQ - Thank you for the links. Poor swans, they seem to need some help every year.

Our garden has some splashes of colour, now and it feels more like spring, although its very cold here today.

• Like the gopher story, Annette - you're very patient, I might have asked him to move on and save my precious plants.

Poor Diane, it must have sounded as if your house would blow clean away. Hope not too much damage done.

I've been making pizza for lunch, but I'm never as successful as I'd like with anything which needs to rise & prove. "Leave in a warm place until double in size" it urged, but I knew without looking that my dough would only be slightly bigger than I started with! Bah. Stretched it out anyway, & covered it with tomato, cheese & tuna fish from a tin. It was edible but not really worth the effort.
  • We had a nice family visit yesterday: this is Rosie getting up too close for a photo - she is fascinated by the phone now and grabs it from me to see how she looks if I've been  trying to snap her.