Poole Harbour Ospreys 2023 season

After last years monumental year it's nearly time for a new season, so here's the 2023 thread

For the 2022 thread click HERE

Here's hoping for a good year

For viewing the 2 webcams click HERE

Richard B

• Fish no. 3 and 4 delivered. 022 is certainly looking after CJ7

Fish no. 1 and 3 were live, 2 and 4 headless today.

• Glider said:
    022 is certainly looking after CJ7

When you think what he was like in his first season - such a tease!

IMAGICAT

• Intruder alert today 14.11 onwards. Fairly sure unringed intruder flies across nest 14.19.01. Am unable to post pics or video as get an error message.
  • ''Fish no. 3 and 4 delivered. 022 is certainly looking after CJ7''
    I am ecstatic to hear that Glider. I wasn't very impressed with him at the start of the season, but having a glamorous distraction doesn't help I suppose. A bit like Aran and 5F . But, of course. Wiley experienced Mrs G soon sorted her out.
    Glad she and Dylan are together.
  • Yes Cirrus, things have improved! I remember when these two first met up in 2021 at the original nest and it took CJ7 ages to “train” him to give her even a piece of fish. He just wouldn’t give it up!!

CJ7 did sort the 3rd wheel “situation” out here though, she is such a great bird. Heart

I like you am also so pleased to see Seren Blue 5F and Dylan together at Clywedog. They’re a great couple and had such a good season last year.
  • 03 April

CJ7 arrived @ 06:15 and 022 was 7 minutes later - almost straight away there was a mating on the arch perch that CJ7 was waiting on, and there have been several more of varying quality.

They seem to be getting on very well together.  That unringed female must have got ownership vibes from CJ7 so that no violence was necessary Blush

IMAGICAT

• How beautiful is CJ7. Great zooms on the nest around 16.45.

She is gently calling for fish.

Eyes to the skies.

Such a lovely evening, so peaceful.

And here comes her fish.

CJ7 quickly takes it and flies off to have her meal.

• Lovely sharp close up detail of CJ7, a total opposite to the original camera and quality on the first camera nest.

Richard B

• Janet B said:
    16.45, 3rd fish of the day for CJ7, have a screenshot but no idea how to post it! Took me ages to work out how to post screen capture videos!

Hi JANET !!!

A simple way of adding snaps - once you get used to it.

You do need to make sure your snap is not tooooo big, hopefully your picture software has an easy resizing menu - width up to 1000 pixels gets accepted, maybe more even.

(1) Reply usikng Rich Formatting;

(2) Open folder containing snap, make it narrow so you can still see the RF box;

(3) Drag 'n drop;

(4) Easy peasy really.

IMAGICAT