SAD NEWS RE PATILY- MISS PATRICIA SELMAN

Earlier this evening I was sadly informed of the death, on Saturday evening, of the death of our dear Patily.

I hope further tributes will follow, as I'm sure they will.

Ospreys were Patily's obsession and despite her incredible disabilities she visited several centres.

She was one very 'gutsy' lady who I had the privilege of meeting at Rutland.

I am hoping I have more success with this post than the earlier one. 

This illustrates the battles she fought.

RIP dear Patily.

• Very sad news but thank you Mike for letting us know. Unfortunately, I never met Patily in person but always appreciated her dedication to Ospreys and her posts here on the Forum. It was wonderful to read at the time that she had managed to visit Rutland and that Mike, Lynn and Sheila were able to be there as well on the day. She definitely also did visit both Dyfi and Glaslyn. One of her lasting memorials is her name on one of the many wooden blocks on the wall behind the welcome desk at the new Dyfi centre--a permanent sign of her love and support for Ospreys.

Kind regards, Ann

• Gardenbirder, thank so much for letting us know that Dyfi has a wooden board with her name on it. Just wonderful! Do you know how or why it happened?

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Sheila, The wooden blocks with names are for contributions of a certain amount toward the construction of the new Dyfi visitor centre. I expect that there was probably no upper limit, only a given minimum amount in order to have a plaque, and of course, I also expect that some, possibly all, of those whose names appear at Dyfi have probably also contributed to other Osprey projects near and far (but that is speculation, of course!) We are fortunate that those who are able to contribute their time and/or donations to such projects do so. Those folks help to ensure that such important conservation and education projects carry on. But as is noted in many places, 'every little bit helps' (plaque or no plaque!), and such projects could not continue without volunteers and donations at all levels. Patily supported her Osprey passion and it will forever be noted at Dyfi (and possibly elsewhere, too).

Kind regards, Ann

• Unknown said:
    Patily supported her Osprey passion and it will forever be noted at Dyfi (and possibly elsewhere, too).

It was Patily who gave me the idea of making Glaslyn my chosen charity at smile.amazon.co.uk Blush

The percentage donated is a pittance, but, as you say:

Unknown said:
    'every little bit helps'

IMAGICAT

• Sheila it was an idea called Grand Champions and required a donation of 1K. There used to be a link to it on the Dyfi website.
  • Thank you for the explanation, Mike.

Scylla, sadly the Smile Amazon way of donating to a charity of your choice (mine has been Glaslyn - every bit counts!) is coming to an end this month, which is a real shame.  Some info here

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Such sad news on my first visit back after a couple of months away.
    Patliy showed that no matter what adversity is put in your way if you want to do something just try and get on and do it.
    She loved her Ospreys and made every effort to get out and see them.
    We spoke many times on here.
    RIP Patily, you will be missed by many

Richard B

• I'm afraid I have had no further contact from Pat's friends since the first notification of her passing.

I have made a number of attempts at contact having previously passed on my email etc.

Pat's landline is still viable so messages have been left on both that, and the Mobile I was given, as I assume there will be the occasional presence at her flat.

Naturally I had hoped to pass on details of her funeral.

Mike
  • Dear Mike
    How wonderful to read the tributes to my dear Aunt Pat , who I am in process of making a blanket to adorn her coffin as she passes from this world to the next .
    She will be dearly missed but I will honour her wish for her ashes to be scattered at Loch Garten
    with all our dearest wishes Sharon and family xxxx
  • Dear Mike
    pat funeral will take place at Golders Green Crematorium on 8th March at 11 am
    We will also arrange scattering of her ashes at Loch Garten ,as she wished .

This is her niece Sharon xxx